Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2013 won't open in Windows 8.1 - help

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
averyarchitect
2454 Views, 6 Replies

LT2013 won't open in Windows 8.1 - help

I've just upgraded to Windows 8.1. Well it seemed better than Windows 8 for the first few minutes. Then I discovered Autocad won't open. (Microsoft claim it's compatible - obviously I checked their Compatibility Center first).

I have Autocad LT 2013 version 19.0.55.0. I have done a full uninstall and reinstall of the application and service packs. There is no error message, the loading screen and status messages appear as normal, and then just before opening everything disappears.

Can anyone help - I really need to do some drawings tomorrow!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Just to let you know I resolved this for now be refreshing back to Windows 8. I think the problem may be caused by the Autodesk licensing platform (it just seemed to me that software was crashing at the point where it would normally get the license).

In summary LT2013 has been fine for me on Windows 8, but DO NOT upgrade to 8.1 for now.

Message 3 of 7
pendean
in reply to: averyarchitect

There is a patch for AutoCAD/LT2014 64bit with Win8.1, so unless Autodesk does the same for AutoCAD/LT2013 your solution is the one you should stick with for the future.
Message 4 of 7
thierrydelondres
in reply to: pendean

AutoCAD LT2014 doesn't open in windows 8.1 as well.

Do you have the link of the patch ?

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: thierrydelondres

It appears to be for a specific problem identified in 2014 already running in Win8 that got updated, if you cannot run in Win8.1 you need to remove 8.1, go back to 8.0, and confirm the problem is not something else. If 8.1 killed your version, see the cure posted at the top of this thread.

IMHO you should never install a new OS or a major OS update when you don't have the greenlight from your critical software creators: please pull back and wait like everyone else.

BTW, all updates are in the same place for all AutoCAD versions: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240618
Message 6 of 7

Install SP1 then install the latest drivers for your graphics card.

It worked for me on ACAD2014 and Architecture 2014.

Message 7 of 7
kcad01
in reply to: averyarchitect

I was having the same problem as the OP. I was able to get it working by uninstalling AutoCAD LT 2013 using "remove program" in the control panel (it was installed in the "C:\program files" folder, btw), updating my video card driver to the latest version (don't let your system find the driver for you; go to the manufacturer website and find it yourself), reinstall AutoCAD LT 2013, but if you are doing a 64 bit installation, make sure you use "C:\Program Files (x86) as your installation location. AutoCAD LT 2013 then worked perfectly. I hope this works for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost