Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT2013 slow saving

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bob_mpc
580 Views, 4 Replies

LT2013 slow saving

I have very weird problem:

Since Friday (07.03) all three systems with LT2013 (WIN7PRO, 64) are extremely slow when saving a file - either the automatic *.sv$ or normal QSAVE or SAVEAS.All was working normally till then.

It happens both at network drive and on local drive. Whenever one tries to make a save (CNTR-S) after several minutes of working, the LT freezes for 10-30 seconds. The status bar at the bottom freezes for the same time at about 50% (different every time). I tried saving a file (412K) on the desktop and for the period of freeze I see a file "savBLABLA.tmp", which later disappears when the program thaws again.

The LT is patched with SP2.

At 7th March there is DEFINITION UPDATE - WINDOWS DEFENDER.

At 5th March there is SECURITY UPDATE - MICROSOFT XML CORE SERVICES 4.0 SP2

REPAIR of LT didn't help.

I have thought of loading and installing the Trial of LT2014 - to check how will it work.

If anybody has any other ideas what to check before clean reisntallation of LT2013 - I will be very gratefull.

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: bob_mpc

Ok lets first try Resetting AutoCAD.

Go to Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD LT (Version) > Reset settings to Default

If that does not work. Clear out your temp file.

Run > %temp% > Delete all files in this folder.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
bob_mpc
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Thanks a lot, will give it a try and report back

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1
Message 4 of 5
bob_mpc

Thank you very much,

Till now the issue looks resolved.

Sorry for late answer, but I had quite big workload for last week.

Boris
AutoCad LT 2021.1.1
Message 5 of 5
JoAnn_Hogan

I am glad it is sorted out now. Good luck with that work load

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost