Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT Error - There is a problem with selected Device.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
crodriguez6054
471 Views, 7 Replies

LT Error - There is a problem with selected Device.

When you have  a printer specified and do not have it on and go to create a layout you will get stuck in loop hell.. with a dialog box that says "AutoCAD LT Error !! There is a problem with selected device. !!"    

This should not happen.. as an option is to cancel and you can not ... i had to CTRl alt delete and kill the prog from task manager. 

Not Good!!!!Smiley Frustrated

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: crodriguez6054

Windows controls the behavior and often it is also stuck in the same loop.
May I ask why do you turn off your printer ever? Unless it's some very old device, most fall into a sleepmode that consumes very little to make it worth the hassle. Put in LED light fixtures (not just light bulbs) instead if you want to do the world a favor 🙂
Message 3 of 8
crodriguez6054
in reply to: pendean

Coming from a "Expert Elite" that is a rude response... Why do i turn my printer off you ask... its my prerogative to turn the thing off If i want to. It's my printer I paid for it I pay the electric bill for it I buy the Ink for it i'll turn it off if i feel like it.. get over it Dean.  Smiley Surprised

What we shoud really be asking is why is it that AutoDesk cant get it right out the box in the first place... I remember a time when they did... here lately not so much.

Do the world a favor and read what you write before you post. Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 8

What are the Printer, OS, and LT version?

Here I am using an HP Designjet 800, Win 7 Pro, and LT 2014.

If the printer is not on nothing happens. The prints just sit in the queue until such time as the printer is turned on or the computer is turned off. (Wondered what was coming out form time to time when I forgot.)

Never seen the loop occur in nearly 20 years of working with LT thru various versions or OS.

Message 5 of 8
pendean

Rude to ask you politely why you turn off the printer then forget to turn it on when you need it? It's rude to go half-cocked in a response back when you know darn well it's one viable answer to your problem 🙂

Now reread my post, Windows most likely put AutoCAD in the loop: try again and list your OS, driver being used, and plotter/device, let's find out what's really going on beyond the emotions of being called out for a misguided attempt at blaming everything else for a system issue. As Charles noted, the plot job should sit in your Windows Spool until your device is ready, so you have something else going on.
Message 6 of 8
crodriguez6054
in reply to: pendean

if you reread my post I didnt try to print anything... I created a layout tab which was trying to default to a printer that wasnt on or needed at the time. Smiley LOL

nevertheless..when you press cancel it should cancel the operation not get stuck in a loop.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

1. Change your default printer in OPTIONS command to somethin that is always on, like the PDF driver.
OR
2. Import already-created Pagesetups and Layout Tabs from template files, not by always recreating a lytou from scratch every time you need one. PSETUPIN and ADCENTER commands respectively.

Since you crash regardless, whether it's supposed to just cancel or not, the fix remains yours to implement in the interim.

Fix it at your end once and for all 🙂
Message 8 of 8

This is clearly a bug and will be reported as such as it also happens in vanilla acad 2014.

Thanks for your suggestions.. hopefully they will help someone else as a work around that encounters this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost