Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT Block Text Help Please

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
goldk911
236 Views, 10 Replies

LT Block Text Help Please

Hi,

I am using Autocad LT 2010 and we have a border with indervidual lines of text inside that we use for our drawings.

With our old drawing borders (without opening the block editor) I can open up the "Enhanced Attribute Editor" select the "Attribute" and enter the value directly.

However with our new borders and same as before I open the "Enhanced Attribute Editor" and select the "Attribute" I can not enter the value directly. It is grayed out and a new box to the right with three dots in is now there. I have to click the box with three dots in it then goes back to the drawing and then I can modify the text. The problem is this takes a long time when you need to modify a lot of text on a lot of drawings, it so much quicker before.

Does anyone know what the issue might be and how to solve it? I'm sure it a simple setting somwhere.

Regards

David

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: goldk911

Posting a DWG sample file with the issue outlined might help others decipher the issue better.

Message 3 of 11
goldk911

Hi please find two files attached.

Message 4 of 11
hwalker

I haven't looked at the drawings, BUT check your ATTIPE (ATTribute In Place Editor) variable. Is it 1?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 11
AlistairBean1906

Sounds to me like your new borders have Multiline attributes,

These give you a greater flexibility, you can adjust the width, justification etc. elimiunates the need for seperate attributes for each line of text required.

Yes you do have an extra click to activate it but you have less attributes to edit

Message 6 of 11
goldk911
in reply to: AlistairBean1906

Hi,

I typed in attipe and it said it was at 0.

The main issue is that i am fairly new to autocad and creating blocks. if it is a multi line issue is ther a simple way to make it not a multi line?

regards

David

Message 7 of 11
AlistairBean1906

I don't know of a quick way to convert them back to single line attributes, but before you do I would speak to whoever created your titleblocks and discuss your issues with them, they may have other good reasons for setting this as your company standard.

BTW you are using the enhanced attribte editor, have you used the old attribute editer ( type DDATTE at the command prompt ), if you are only changing values I feel that this is much quicker to use.

Message 8 of 11
goldk911

Hi

Thanks everyone.

The issue is due to the text being multiline text and not single line. Looks like there is no simple way to set them as single line so I will have to re create all our borders when I get the time.

They were created using Inventer and apparently it's not an issue for the 3D boys.

Thanks for all your help

David

Message 9 of 11
hwalker

Change the ATTIPE variable to 1. That will give you your in place multiline text editor.

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 10 of 11
AlistairBean1906
in reply to: hwalker

THat doesn't really address the issue of how many clicks it takes the OP to get to the editor it only gives him acces to a more complex editor

Message 11 of 11
hwalker

True it gives access to the full multilne text editor bar, which is a lot better than the default one, which if you're not careful screws up your formatted text.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost