Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT 2011Select File Dialog Box

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mikeg808
367 Views, 7 Replies

LT 2011Select File Dialog Box

I just got a new computer and reloaded LT 2011. When i click open to select a file in my directory it starts at the top of the directory and i scroll to find the file. Open the file and then when i go to get the next file in the series it starts at the top of the directory in the select file dialog box. On my last computer when i opened the select file dialog box would start at the last location. How do i set this to open at the last file location?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: mikeg808

Hi Mike

Do you have all the relevant service packs installed? 

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 8
sthompson1021

Hi, set the REMEMBERFOLDERS sys variable to 1

Message 4 of 8
mikeg808
Message 5 of 8
pendean

I would try the simpler fix "Hi, set the REMEMBERFOLDERS sys variable to 1" first.
Message 6 of 8
mikeg808

Did the rememberfolders sys variable at the CMD line and it is set to 1. I also have full read/write access. I can get the program to remember the folder i was in. I can't remember how to set it to remember last location. In the pic it shows i am about to select file ID13297-1A, when i open again it should stay on the file i just opened so i am able to get to the next drawing ID13297-2A easier than scrolling down to it from the top

Message 7 of 8
pendean

Do you have file extensions set to show in Windows Explorer on your new PC? Required if you want the feature you are now describing.
Message 8 of 8
mikeg808

Thanks for your help. It was the file extension.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost