Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting dwg into MS Word 2010 results in overlay of template over drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
draqce
1435 Views, 4 Replies

Inserting dwg into MS Word 2010 results in overlay of template over drawing

I inserted a dwg created with Autocad LT 2004 into a MS Word 2010 document using: Insert | Object | Create from file. The result is the desired drawing is inserted but, in addition, the template used to create the dwg is also included and visible as if it is an additional layer. Any suggestions on how to keep this from happening?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: draqce

Are you wanting to maintain a live link between the two programs?

Message 3 of 5
draqce

I have to claim ignorance here, I’m not sure what you mean by “live link”. With older versions of Word I would include drawings as objects in the doc and when edits were needed I could launch from the doc.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

That would be a live link 🙂

I can't reproduce the problem in MSWord 2010 and LT2012 or LT2013: are you sure your DWG file doesn't have the template loaded as an Xref, or do you need to close the template file if you also have it open in LT2004?

Message 5 of 5
draqce
in reply to: pendean

First, thank you for the prompt replies. OK, I now know what a "live link" is. Thanks also for the education. Yet again I must claim ignorance. I'm not sure of what you mean when you ask, "are you sure your DWG file doesn't have the template loaded as an Xref?" Geez, for someone who has been using AutoCad since the 80s I all of a sudden feel lost. Actually, I do recognize there is so much it can do that I have never delved into. Regarding the second question, when I attempt to perform the insert LT2004 is not launched and running. So I don't think the template could be open. Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost