Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Block Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
christian.koeshall
287 Views, 4 Replies

Insert Block Issue

When trying to insert a block, the insert block window does not appear. Intead a thumbnail of the previously used block is displayed in the lower left corner of my screen. From this point, I can't make any changes in AutoCAD. I can only press ESC to cancel inserting a block of which AutoCAD resumes to normal operation.

Anybody else have this issue?

MBP 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.7.3
AutoCAD LT 2012 F.51.M.106
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Are you saying that the Insert Dialog is not on screen?

Have you changed screen resolution or gone from dual to a single monitor recently?

Mac Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520

Message 3 of 5

True, the Insert Dialog is not on screen but is replaced with the previously used thumbnail of a block in the lower left hand of my screen. I am connected to a thunderbolt display but do not have it setup as dual monitors. I haven't changed my setup or resolution.

So far I have tried reinstalling AutoCAD and deleting preference files and I'm back to normal functionality. I was able to recreate the issue once so far and it appears to happen at random. The second time I just deleted the preference files and that works as well. It's a curious issue.

MBP 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.7.3
Message 4 of 5

May be worth posting here since you are on a Mac. PC and Mac AutoCAD do function a little differently.

Mac Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/bd-p/520

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 5

Will do, thanks.

MBP 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.7.3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost