Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on Network setup for AutoCAD LT

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
BLeeMarkley
448 Views, 4 Replies

Information on Network setup for AutoCAD LT

Someone in my office would like to purchase AutoCAD LT.  They have several potential users, but would probably only have two using it at the same time.  I am interested in using a network version with NLM.

Before we make the purchase, I want to make sure that my understanding is correct.

I would purchase a couple of copies.  I would install the NLM on a server, and enter the licenses that come with the purchased copies.  Then I would install this on all of the machines that belong to these potential users.  They would all be able to use the program, but only two at a time.  Is this correct?  Would anything else be necessary for this to work?

So am I correct that I would only need to purchase two copies so that we could use two instances at the same time, even though I would have more copies installed?  Thanks for your time.

Brian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: BLeeMarkley

autocad lt is not offered this way

autocad lt is only offered as a standalone which means each users computer would need a license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
BLeeMarkley
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you for the information.  I will let him know and we can proceed from there.  Thanks again.

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: BLeeMarkley

You can install the software several more times and then use the License Transfer Utility to move the License from one install to another,

Though it would be easier just to have the users change seats.

Message 5 of 5
BLeeMarkley
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks, but I don't think that we would want to do that on a regular basis.  I passed on the information.  I'll let him choose how he wants to proceed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost