Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Publish to Multi-Page PDF

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
pwrmac7100
971 Views, 22 Replies

Help with Publish to Multi-Page PDF

First off, thank you in advance.

I am using AutoCAD LT 2009. I have AcrobatPro installed on my machine as well.

I seem to have lost my ability to publish a a bunch of dwg files and have one PDF file as the output. It used to work fine...I would hit publish, add all my dwgs (all model tabs), configure all page setups to be one of my Adobe PDF options (I have few configured, one for color, gray, B&W, etc), hit the publish button and then adobe would be prompt me for a file name, and then voila - I have one multi-page PDF of my drawing set.

Where it got lost and what happened, I don't know. As for trying to fix it, I have tried everything below, but nothing that gets me back to where I was:

1. Tried using the built-in "DWG to PDF." At best, this will automatically generate a PDF for each drawing without any input from me. I then used Adobe to combine all the drawings into one file. I could live with this, however, the resolution of the PDF's is not enough. I even tried changing the resolution setting to 1200dpi...stills comes out bad.

2. Using the "Adobe PDF." I get prompted by adobe for a filename for each dwg. This is very tedious. However, the output files look nice and much better resolution than #1.

3. There seem to be a lot of mention in hte forums to a system variable PUBLISHCOLLATE. This does not exist in my list of system variables (maybe because I am using LT). I tried setenv command to create the variable and toggle it from 0 to 1...this does not affect anything.

4. Within the Publish Dialogue - There is no mention of PDF anywhere (a lot forums suggest there should be). My only options for 'Publish to' are 'Plotter named in the setup' or 'DWF'. Within the Publish Options, nothing related to PDF...only options for DWF. I have tried changing these anyway, not affect.

5. Toying the pc3 - I tried changing some settings with PC3 file (Adobe PDF and DWG to PDF)...nothing fixed the problem. I tried setting collate from NONE to REGULAR, tried changing port to AUTOSPOOL, PLOT TO FILE, PLOT TO THE FOLLOWING PORT...nothing worked.

The is very frustrating, epecially since it used to work fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
pwrmac7100
in reply to: pendean

I tried removing the PC3 files (Adobe, Bullzip, etc). I reconfigured the page setups to use DWG to PDF. There is no change...I still get many individual PDFs that are not good quality. Attached are the Publish screen shots.

I still believe it has to do something with the PC3 file or an Autocad setting. The Publish function is spooling individual drawings instead of spooling all of them together.

Message 22 of 23
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pwrmac7100

Just curious about your user name.

pwrmac - Are you on a Mac platform by chance? Parallels or Bootcamp?

Message 23 of 23
pwrmac7100
in reply to: Charles_Shade

No...used to be a long time ago. Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost