Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green lines when pdf

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
AMIENVIR
15267 Views, 24 Replies

Green lines when pdf

I have AutoCAD LT 2014 and i have a drawing that i attached a picture to and have a few hatches over. When i go to PDF it and print the drawing it has green lines throughout and not just on the part of the attachment but over the entire page. How do i get rid of these? I dont see them in AutoCAD

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
hwalker
in reply to: AMIENVIR

Could you post a couple of screenshots so we can have a look at what it's doing

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 25
AMIENVIR

Message 4 of 25
hwalker

Now I haven't seen anything like that before.

I'm afraid it looks like it's a step by step process to see if it's either the drawing or something within the drawing which is causing the problem.

If you open up another drawing and print to a pdf, do you get the same problem? If you do we can say it's something to do with the PDF driver software.

If not it's something in the drawing.

I know this sounds long winded, but remove all the hatches and the print the drawing. Is it ok? If it is reinstate the hatches one by one, and print immediately after you have reinstated a hatch.

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 25
AMIENVIR
in reply to: hwalker

I tried all of that and found out it has something to do with the overlay attachment. When i delete that and pdf it the lines are gone. but when i reinsert the overlay the lines come back.

Message 6 of 25
sadkuh

It was a very very common issue for me when using images of signatures or textmasks (which are also image based). When I would PDF using adobe, 2 of the 4 edges would have green lines. The only ways I found out around it was to use an extremely high dpi/quality setting for the PDF or use a different PDF creation method. Sometimes the high quality setting wouldn't work either plus having 5+ meg pdf's for each sheet is ridiculous. This was when I was using Civil 3D (2008 thru 2012) with Raster Design. 

Message 7 of 25
pendean

The overlay is a DWG file? Or something else?
Message 8 of 25
AMIENVIR
in reply to: pendean

it is a pdf also

Message 9 of 25
hwalker

I know this works for images but I don't know if it will work for a PDF.

Type in Imageframe and set it to 2.

This allows the image to be selectable, but will not print the image frame, maybe it will work with the PDF as well.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 10 of 25
pendean

Wouldn't that be PDFFRAME or FRAME variables? or even OLEFRAME? The OP mentioned "overlays".
Message 11 of 25
hwalker
in reply to: pendean

True. I don't usually put PDFs in my drawings

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 12 of 25
AMIENVIR

should i start converting them? and what works best? I work a lot with PDFs.

Message 13 of 25
hwalker

On your drawing that you had the problem with at the command line type in PDFFRAME and change it to 2. Now print the drawing again and you should see the problem has disappeared.

Now if you have a template drawing open that up and use the same command as above. Now save your template drawing.

This should make sure no further drawings (based on the new template) will have this problem.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 14 of 25
edmondbersamina

The viewport must be in coloured layer. Turn it to white or number 7 colour.

Message 15 of 25
rcward

I had to unattach my pdfs, then reinsert.  This fixed the issue that I was having with the Blue and Green hue linse showing up in my pdf prints.

Hopefully this helps.

Message 16 of 25
arspillers1

I was having this same issue today. I typically plot to a free pdf software and these blue and green lines were showing up.

I changed my PDFFRAME to 2 and re printed.

I was still having the lines show up.

I then tried plotting DWG to PDF and that got rid of the lines and gave me what I wanted.

Trying another plotter might help as well.

Thanks for the helpful discussion!

Message 17 of 25
FormalDeHyde
in reply to: arspillers1

I had this issue with a pdf underlay and Adobe Acrobat XI. Same issue with 995PDF driver. However, the AutoCAD pdf printer worked fine. Removing the pdf frame, changing layer color, viewport layer color and pdf display color etc. did not work. So, I suggest trying different plotters as the most likely solution.

Message 18 of 25
carlreev

Hello,

I just solved your issue... If you are clipping the pdf, the lines will show when you export it from cad to adobe... remove the clipping and everything will be all "Ogre" from there on out...

Message 19 of 25
taniaPANFA
in reply to: carlreev

Removing the clipping works, I had the same problem. I would try to create a PDF and green lines would show up. But now I am having issues with trying to get the drawing to print as a PDF but not show the viewport boundary. If I put it on DEFPOINTS nothing prints so that doesnt work.

Message 20 of 25
carlreev
in reply to: taniaPANFA

Make a layer for viewports, put the viewport box on that layer, then make
sure your "viewport" layer is switched to non-plot under the layer manager.
Just click the printer symbol and a red circle with a line through it will
appear. Then you should be all good my friend. 😉

--
-* Carl Reeves*

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost