Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic issues with acadLT 2013

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ironman55
355 Views, 10 Replies

Graphic issues with acadLT 2013

I bought autocad LT 2013 a couple of months ago and it does some strange things. when you draw a circle it looks like an ellipse and if you draw a rectangle that is square it does not look square. it measures square but the graphics do not appear  square.

also if you do an offset for a framed wall at right angles both at 4" they dont appear the same width If you measure them they are the same width but one appears wider then the other.

Any ideas???

Thanks, Joe

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: ironman55

Your graphics software (card) is not set to the native resolution of the monitor.

Message 3 of 11
ironman55
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Okay, thanks, How do I change that?

Joe

Message 4 of 11
Charles_Shade

Pull out the manual on the Monitor and find out what resolutions it accepts (1366x768, 1152x864, 1280x1024, etc.).

Then open up the Graphics software or right click the desktop and choose Screen Resolution (Win 7) to change this.

Win XP right click is Properties, Display(?) tab for the Screen Resolution.

Message 5 of 11
ironman55

Sorry, I know I probably sound dumb here. This is a laptop. When you say graphics software are you saying acad LT? If so do I open acad and find it there?

And are you saying the two must match?

Thanks, Joe

Message 6 of 11
Charles_Shade

As a Laptop then the settings should be correct. The issue is that AutoCAD is seeing the entities as "flatter" then they should be.

AutoCAD cannot correct the issue of the screen resolution.

An exaggeration: If the screen size is 4:3 and it looks like a circle then it looks like a circle.

If the screen size is then made to be 16:9 everything gets longer and shorter. i.e "flatter"

You likely need to change the resolution on the screen to something that makes your entities appear "normal" in AutoCAD if you want to correct this.

Of course this may not be preferable in your other programs

Good discussion:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/calibrating-the-display/m-p/383111/highlight/true#M16387

Message 7 of 11
ironman55

Thank you very much. I tried every resolution setting my computer offers and does not fix the issue.

Thanks, Joe

Message 8 of 11

Post your computer specs. 1920x1080 is a common laptop resolution these days -- you were adjusting your display settings in Windows, correct?

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com
Message 9 of 11

In windows

rt click

personalize

desktop

resolution

The highest setting is 1600/900 which is what it is set at

Message 10 of 11
Charles_Shade

The thread I linked spoke to 4:3 (1.333) ratios as what CAD needed to display correctly.

The one you list 1600:900 (1.778) and what Kate posted 1920x1080 (1.778) are the same. You likely just have smaller (or larger) icons on the desktop depending on the choice between those.

The monitor that I use is set to 1366x768 (1.779) and shows circles as circles and squares as squares.

There should be one setting that will meet your needs.

You said that you went through all that are listed and no joy?

Also, Hardware Forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Hardware/bd-p/116

Message 11 of 11
pendean

Did you by chance decide the desktop icons and text in Windows were too small and set it to "large"?

What Laptop is it? what size screen?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost