Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File format and plotter problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gomer950
1501 Views, 2 Replies

File format and plotter problems

I am using 2011 LT student.  I can use it to make some graphics, but the program I use to cut vinyl does not accept dwg or dxf.  I use Sign Blazer to edit and cut on my vinyl plotter/cutter.  there is no driver to install so I can cut directly from Autocad, and AC doesn't save in .eps format.  so what I do is open my dwg/dxf file in Inkscape and the image is fine.  then I save it as an .eps so I can open it in Sign Blazer. When I open it it puts a box around every like in sted of just putting in the line.  then I have to edit every line so it looks like my cad drawing again before I can send it to the cutter.  the reason I use cad and not Sign blazer to do my drawings is, 1 I know how to cad more then any others and 2, it is easier to make parallel lines that are actually parallel and not just close to parallel. 3 editing is easier, cleaner, faster. 

So, can anyone out there help me install my plotter/cutter into cad, or can some one help me save/export my file in an ,eps format? 

I know this is not a cad problem, but the other boards for these programs didn't offer any help.  and I will not stop using cad, that is out of the question! 

If you want to know more about Inkscape or Sign Blazer they are both free to download.

SB from US Cutter  http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/17773-signblazer-elements-downloads-and-other-info/

INKScape  http://inkscape.downloadasaurus.com/

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: gomer950

Do yourself a favor and start HELP in LT2011 (first place you always need to look, that's what it is there for), and in the search box just type EPS and read about it all. Scroll up on the left sidebar to see the main topic: PLOTTERMANAGER command inside AutoCAD will allow you to set up a Postscript (EPS) printer.

Message 3 of 3
gomer950
in reply to: gomer950

WOW that little bit of info made a huge difference!  now that i can plot into eps it makes things easier.  i also found out that i needed to make all my line weights 0.000 in the properties.  the manufactuer of the cutter does not have a stand alone driver.  so i need to play around with the plotter drivers in cad to see if one of them will work with my cutter plotter.  i have a Refine Eco sold through USCutter. 

if anyone has any more info, tips, tricks, ect. there all welcome!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost