Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorites management for Design Center

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
c.dufrene
512 Views, 11 Replies

Favorites management for Design Center

With the 2013 LT version, is there now a way to really manage the favorites for the Design Center ?

I still have this issue where only the first created shorcut stays, all others only appears in the explorer window after the click for "organize fovorites..." see attachment.

Is it AutoCAD or Windows ?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: c.dufrene

Are you telling us you have more content in the Autodesk subfolder of your FAVORITES location than what you show in the screenshot?

Or do you just need to click up one folder to FAVORITES to see your entire collection of shortcuts? See attached.

Message 3 of 12
c.dufrene
in reply to: pendean

Sorry for not being clear enough...

In the Design Center, I have selected 4 folders and right-clicked on them to "add to favorites".

Now If I come back to Design Center and Click to icon "favorites" only "LIB-DET" appears even with a "refresh".

And if I click "manage favorites" all 4 are in the explorer window.

I want all 4 to appear when I click favorites icon in Design Center !

Message 4 of 12
pendean

Seems to work here if I do the same as you describe: do you need to force a refresh by closing and restarting ADCENTER perhaps?

Or are the invisible shortcuts on a server or location that is offline at the moment?

Message 5 of 12
c.dufrene

Impossible to make it work here...

Deleted everything, recreate shorcuts, refresh, close and restart Design Center... no way...

I'm stuck with only "LIB-DET"

The "invisible "shorcut are not on the server, it's on my PC ! that's even more perturbing.

Thanks anyway for the help, I'll consider it solved...

Message 6 of 12
pendean

Can you give me an idea where these folders are located on your PC (like are they under your Windows profile, in the programs folder, etc.)?

Also, which Winodws version are you using and are you in a Windows Limited log-in?

Message 7 of 12
c.dufrene

So my PC is running Windows 7 Entreprise 64-bit SP1

I was installed with Administrator access and rights

The Favorites folder is on the C drive (see attachment)

Message 8 of 12
pendean

No, i meant where are these added folders located? Are they also local? Under your profile?

Message 9 of 12
c.dufrene

Yes, they are local, all created shorcut under windows profile (user)

Message 10 of 12
kathleenmMJ4TX

10 years later and this problem has NEVER gone away...

Message 11 of 12
kathleenmMJ4TX

Hm, well, I seem to have figured out why.  When ADC creates the favorite, it creates it without a target.  The workaround is to browse - within explorer, not ADC - to your Favorites\Autodesk folder (C:\Users\<your profile name>\Favorites\Autodesk), right click on the empty folder contents, Choose New>Shortcut, and create a shortcut manually.

Message 12 of 12
pendean
in reply to: kathleenmMJ4TX

@kathleenmMJ4TX wrote:

Hm, well, I seem to have figured out why.  When ADC creates the favorite....

If you are using modern versions of AutoCAD/LT, the new BLOCKS Palette has all of that to customize easily and so much more

pendean_0-1689957955675.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost