Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error: unable to load the modeler dlls

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3715 Views, 6 Replies

Fatal error: unable to load the modeler dlls

LT 2009.
The error message appears even only after opening a new dwg and running the command 'Regen' or trying to move any object.
AutoCAD crashes and closes.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

scale lists? Seems to be the biggest problem with 2008 & 2009. See other
messages on board regarding removal of scale lists.

fc-tvm wrote:
> LT 2009.
> The error message appears even only after opening a new dwg and running the command 'Regen' or trying to move any object.
> AutoCAD crashes and closes.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you for the reply Jerry, I will check other messages, as it is not so clear to me...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Jerry, I don't see how the scale can actually be involved.
The AutoCAD has just been installed, nothing has been changed at all.
Attached you can find the message (in Italian, sorry!).
The strange thing is that it appears when I try to move a line from a place to another... is the scale list involved in such a thing?

Best regards.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

The poor implementation of scale lists steals from the available memory.
Basically the system loads so many scale lists that there is little room
for anything else and the the computer crashes the program. It basically
maps data (scale lists) into memory to a point where there is no more
room for program.

It is reminiscent of the layer filter issues of 2000 where the number of
layer filters go to be so large that accessing the layer manager would
crash autocad.

fc-tvm wrote:
> Jerry, I don't see how the scale can actually be involved.
> The AutoCAD has just been installed, nothing has been changed at all.
> Attached you can find the message (in Italian, sorry!).
> The strange thing is that it appears when I try to move a line from a place to another... is the scale list involved in such a thing?
>
> Best regards.
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
Message 6 of 7
Chris Drader

I have been dealing with this "Modeler Dll - Fatal error" for most of this year now. I have run full version AutoCAD & Inventor for the past 4 years, this year I decided to only go with 2008 Lite. I get the error immediately upon opening my existing drawings. I have repaired, reinstalled, uninstalled all Autodesk products, reinstalled, everything but reformatting my system.

I had troubleshot one of my drawings and found a single Block that was creating the error upon opening the file, and was able to eventually open it in Lite after editting the Block. I get the error now while in the drawing and moving the crosshair over certain lines/blocks.

On another note, a coworker who had never installed AutoCAD on their system before, installed 2008 Lite and can open all the drawings with no problems. It gets to the "Loading Modeler Dll's" script while opening the file and cruises right on by it. Does not get the Fatal error at all.

This all has led me to believe it is a registry or system dll glitch from having previous AutoDesk products on my system and reverting to 2008 Lite.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Chris.
Well, the PC I installed LT2009 on is just bought, new, virgin.
The error appears even on a blank dwg, just created.
We tryed to format the PC and re-installing only LT, but no good news... same error.
I believe there must be some error during the installation, due to the provided dvd.
I am quite sure that the problem is not in the dwgs I'm trying to work on, so the error shouldn't take place in my opinion.

Regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost