Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Lag While Drawing PLine

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4613 Views, 3 Replies

Extreme Lag While Drawing PLine

I have terrible lag whenever I am drawing a polyline.  It seems like it is taking forever to render the preview of the line when I am dragging the line across the screen.  I would prefer to just turn off the line preview if at all possible.  So far, I have not been able to find a way to do this. When I say preview of the line, I am talking about the transparent line that follows your cursor after you start a polyline and exists until you click to place the line where you want it. 

I am running Windows 7  Pro 64-bit

Dell Precision M6600

8-gb ram

NVIDIA® Quadro® FX 2800M graphics

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

DYNMODE and the Variables associated with Dynamic Input may be of some help to turn on or off. OPTIONS, Selection tab, Preview (at the bottom left) would be a place to start.

As far as the line that drags behind the cursor it is the line that you are creating and therefore cannot be eliminated I would surmise.

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT version?
Change hardware acceleration in LT might help too.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

This was the problem!  I set the DYNMODE to 0, and instantly my plines started moving smoothly as I drag them.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost