Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors and Problems with ACAD LT 2009

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jtornquist
205 Views, 5 Replies

Errors and Problems with ACAD LT 2009

I just got AutoCAD LT 2009 and have not been able to get it to work. I have been having numerous errors during startup of the program. My computer is a brand new (less than 2 weeks old) dell precision laptop running XP SP3. I have searched for a solution that would work and as of yet, nothing has. Right after I installed the program I got an error:
"The type initializer for 'MS.Internal.Classification' threw an exception"

The only option was to continue. After that the program would crash immediately with an error to the effect of
"unhandled access violation reading 0x000c exception at 55566b2dh"

This would happen when I would try to click on the top menu bar. I eventually downloaded the 2.01 patch and installed that. After I installed the patch I would get the error that "AutoCad had not been installed properly and that features would be unavailable." It would still crash when I went to the menu bar. I did a complete wide of autocad as per the [http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617] Including the registry edits. I re-installed and had the same problems. I then found that it could be a problem with the MS .NET framework. So I then uninstalled Autocad and all of the frameworks that were on my computer. I then re-installed framework 3.0 as per [AutoDesk Support Site,|http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=7236884&linkID=9240617] then re-installed Autocad from another complete wipe. I still have the exact same problems. I have also done multiple virus sweeps to make sure that there was nothing else that may be giving me grief. There were other people that had a problem with the W32.PINF virus, however that is not on my computer. I am getting quite fed up with this program and I have not even been able to draw a single line yet. I have been trying to get this to work now for the past 3-4 days to no avail. Is there anything else I can try before i throw the disk out of my window? Edited by: jtornquist on Dec 16, 2008 7:11 PM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
realolddawg
in reply to: jtornquist

Thanks for the reply. I have been considering upgrading to LT2009 and was worried about all the potential problems I might have compared to the advantages of the upgrade. I don't know what all those advantages are but I know I don't want ANY problems. So I remain undecided but will probably just stay with what I have since I'm self -employed with no tech backup help.
Message 3 of 6
jtornquist

I am not sure why those links didn't work they are a bit easier to read:

Edited by: jtornquist on Dec 16, 2008 7:23 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Do you have access to another computer?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Try copying the DVD to a temporary folder on the hard drive and run
setup.exe from there. I have seen this problem on several laptops but
never a desktop. The problem is not a general one for LT2009.

George Drayton CD-CAD Ltd Christchurch New Zealand
Message 6 of 6
jtornquist

Well, I was finally able to get it to work. I ended up having to install the .NET Framework 3.5, and the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. I installed the 3.5 and it didn't work, then I came back in and updated 3.5 to SP1 and then CAD stopped having problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost