Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic block coord problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BMsurvey
241 Views, 6 Replies

Dynamic block coord problem

I have my coordinates on my pointer, but when i try to lock onto a dynamic block the coords dissapear from my curser, help please?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: BMsurvey

Lock on means what?
What are you trying to accomplish exactly,
Message 3 of 7
BMsurvey

lock on as snap onto the block to see the exact coordinates. I got my settings so my coords aways show at my curser but when my curser snaps on the blockto see the coords they dissapear from my curser until i move it off the block. I want it to stay no matter what.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Use ID command: type the two letters then hit <enter>, pick your point, and AutoCAD displays the coordinates of that point.
You cannot really use the status bar coordinates display that way, it's not designed to do what you want (if I understood the issue correctly).
Message 5 of 7
BMsurvey

I was using autocad 2007 and didnt have a issue at all my coordinates where always showing at my curser no matter what, now i got lt 2014 and they show at my curser all the time until i snap onto a block then the dont show until i move it off the block.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Then we are not talking about the same thing: walk me through exactly how you set it up. use AutoCAd command names and button descriptions please.

Or was your 2007 version Civil, and you are refrencing the COORDIANTE TRACKER feature?

Message 7 of 7
BMsurvey
in reply to: pendean

I went to the dyanmic input tab at the bottom left, right click>settings>pointer input settings>check off show coordinate tool tips always.

after that i noticed a dynamic grip menu always dropped when i tried to find a coord. so i went to the dynamic input tab>options>selection tab>under grips unchecked show dynamic grip menu.

After doing those steps thats when i noticed my coords would not display at my curser while on a grip block.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost