Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Blocks won't work in Autocad LT 2012

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
PayneEng
914 Views, 14 Replies

Dynamic Blocks won't work in Autocad LT 2012

I have an employee in our office with Autocad LT 2012, none of our dynamic blocks work on his machine? We have another machine with Autocad LT 2009 and the blocks work just fine?  I can create dynamic blocks on the the machine, but when I close out of the block editor, none of the dynamic block grab-point show up. Is there a setting or somthing that needs to be turned on?  Any advice or help would be greatly appriciated.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
pendean
in reply to: PayneEng

Start sharing samples, it's hard to guess at the problem.
Message 3 of 15
PayneEng
in reply to: pendean

Samples of what do I share? The blocks work fine on everyone else's autocad?
Message 4 of 15
pendean

You are implying the problem is in 2012 but not in 2008: so show us using the files you used to come up with this diagnosis.
Everyone here pretty much has one or all versions: show us.

Otherwise explain on more detail than you have so far. It's all up to you, we are for the most part end users and autodesk customers as well just like you. You are not asking Autodesk.
Message 5 of 15
heinsite

You didn't state, but have you actually gone to this person's machine and confirmed for yourself that the blocks don't work?  If you have, what "doesn't work" about them?  There's no reason they shouldn't if the version of AutoCAD on that machine is similar to others in your office.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 6 of 15
Charles_Shade

When one of these Blocks that has the Grip points that do not show up, scroll out and then click on the Block again.

Do you see these points off in space somewhere else?

Message 7 of 15
PayneEng
in reply to: heinsite

Yes, I confirmed they do not work on his machine, for example I have a block with a simple rotation attribute. I insert this block in a drawing or just open the block on anyone else's machine and when you select the block a blue circle appears in which you can grab and rotate the block 360. Now I insert or open the same block on the machine with Autocad LT 2012, I select the block and there is no blue circle for rotation? On this machine I can open the block in the block editor and the rotation attribute is there? I have even created an attributed block on this machine, and as soon as I close out of the block editor and select the block none of the attributes will show up? But again the block attributes work fine on everyone else's machine?

Shawn
Message 8 of 15
Charles_Shade

SWAG Show grips in blocks checked
Message 9 of 15
heinsite
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Charles_Shade wrote:
SWAG Show grips in blocks checked

That box (Options - Selection tab - Grips) - should probably *not* be checked.  But it doesn't seem to matter... at least not on my system where things work normally. 

I keep thinking that if it isn't a system variable involved here it might be a broken system.  Has a program Repair been done on this machine yet?  Is the installation current thru SP2?

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 10 of 15
PayneEng

I ran a Repair and a Reinstall, it has SP2 update. Where do you access the SWAG check box?
Message 11 of 15
heinsite

Here's one other thing to check on the machine where things don't work:  Open the block (or blocks) in the Block Editor that don't work.  Select the parameter that isn't showing a grip (ex. Rotation) and check it's properties.  In the Misc section is the number of grips = 0 by any chance?  This could have been changed somehow on that machine.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 12 of 15
Charles_Shade

Stupid Wild Arse Guess

Should have been a ? at the end of that statement. Like Heinsite I did not think that would make a difference since Grip for Dyn Blocks are not the same as Grips for the end of entities but I was no where where I could test this.

Message 13 of 15
drjohn

Well, actually, SWAG = Silly Wild A$$ Guess My SWAG .... in BE select a grip that is not showing on insertion and right click on the grip or maybe hover over it ... can't remeber w/o ACAD in front of me ... and select VISIBILITY and then aelect SHOW INA LL STATES (verbage may be a bit diff but I think you can get the drift. HTH (Hope This Helps) Regards, DJ
Message 14 of 15
PayneEng

The show grips check box was the problem.  OPTIONS/SELECTION/SHOW GRIPS was not checked.  I assumed it was a simple check box problem, I just could not find it.

Thanks to all that responded. 

Message 15 of 15
Charles_Shade
in reply to: drjohn

So not Stupid or Silly.

A Good guess it was. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost