Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing will not save new xref path

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lrlandusky
4717 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing will not save new xref path

AutoCAD LT 2014, Win 7 Pro

I have a drawing that will not save a path for an xref file.  The file was created with xref drawings in a certain folder, and we changed the folder name at some point.  I can open the drawing and update the xref file, but it will not save the new path for that file.  The next time we open the drawing, it will have the old folder path.  Has anyone seen this before and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

Lance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lrlandusky
in reply to: lrlandusky

A little more info that might be helpful..., we are saving the xref's with a full path and this particular drawing gives the same issue on any machine that opens the drawing.  However, other drawings are just fine.

The drawing is stored on our server and it is looking for the server by name, not by a mapped network drive.

Message 3 of 3
lrlandusky
in reply to: lrlandusky

Annnnd, I'm an idiot.  I just realized that the xref's I was working with were nested with the wrong paths.  That's what I get for jumping into someone else's project.  After I corrected the original xref paths inside the first drawings, everything works like you would expect it to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost