Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Annotation Blocks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
HDGWY
681 Views, 6 Replies

Drawing Annotation Blocks

The text set in the Section Annotation Block Symbols move when the block is copied from one drawing file to another. Regardless if in the block editor, the position of the test remains the same. Does anyone know why? 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: HDGWY

Different font defined in the text style between drawing file perhaps.
Message 3 of 7
HDGWY
in reply to: pendean

Pendean:

Thank you for your reply. I tried to make the fonts the same and tried copying back and forth to different files. However the text still moves. Please see attached. 

Message 4 of 7
sthompson1021

Hi, the reason that the text is moving is that the position of the attribute is different in relation to 0,0 in the block editor from one dwg to the other. I have a few drawings that I have that problem with and haven't been able to find an easy way to correct it. 

Message 5 of 7
sthompson1021

One more thought on this, if you use the RENAME command to change the name of the block before you copy it to the other drawing it should come in right.

Message 6 of 7
HDGWY
in reply to: sthompson1021

Thank you. It works if I redefine it in that file. If I have multiple files that have the original section block name, will I need to redefine the name in every file?

Message 7 of 7
sthompson1021

That depends on if the block is different in every file. In my case, I just rename the block when I want to bring it into another drawing that it comes in wrong. Then I will change the name back. Otherwise I would have 20 different names for the same block.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost