Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display driver file is missing or corrupted

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
35504 Views, 11 Replies

Display driver file is missing or corrupted

Hi,
can anyone help me with this situation. I've got AutoCAD LT 2010 and I can't run it due to either a DLL missing or a Display driver file not found. Anyway I get an error message window pop up then when I click ok there is a second window that appears and then it shuts down. I've tried both a repair and a reinstall but the issue keeps happening. Has anyone had this issue before and what remedy do you use to fix it?

These are the messages I got;

1st window - DLL not found: C:\Documents and Settings\Shane.Richard\My Documents\gdi10Res.dll
2nd window - A display driver file (.hdi) is missing or has been corrupted. The problem may be caused by missing .hdi files in C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2010\Drv\

Thanks,

Shane
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Google and grab REVO UNINSTALLER and use its most aggressive settings, answer yes and delete everything related to LT. Most likely you have a corrupt install and need to get back to a clean hardrive in terms of AutoCAD. Turn off all programs running in the background and anti-virus/firewall programs, especially Norton.
Run thru this exercise also:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617
I doubt it but you may find some remnants in the registry to take out.
Restart your PC.
Then re-install. (Keep the anti-virus off)
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks for your help but, in the end I found another solution. What I did was copy the gdi10Res.dll (Heidi) from my AutoCAD LT 2010 folder (my link C:\Program Files\2010 AutoCad LT\Drv) and paste ti into the folder where it was missing or corrupt (my link was C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents) then I restarted my computer, relaunched AutoCAD and it worked again!

Cheers for your help anyway.
Message 4 of 12
Charles_Shade

Glad that worked. Most of the time when I read someone copying and replacing a file within CAD it does not do as intended as it is usually some Registry hang that is at fault.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

I got it. My solution is got a new installer that better (you may be dowload it in the homepage of Autodesk). Ok

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

none of this worked for me... is there any other recomendation?

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

No need to remove any autocad or any autodesk. Just update your display driver through go to your control panel and update your system display driver only. Very easy to do it.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Hi 

R_click on ACAD shortcut --> properties ---> in Target Field make this change:

Before Change you see this: “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe” /product ACAD /language “en-US

After change you will have : “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe” /NOHARDWARE /product ACAD /language “en-US

(Just     NOHARDWARE /      has been added) 

Do not forget to palce a space between the NOHARDWARE and the slash after it. 

Apply Changes 

click Ok 

enjoy ACAD ! 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks MESHBobi, now enjoying ACAD again
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks alot 
very useful.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you 

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

U R THE BEST!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost