Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension settings in AutoCAD 2012 LT

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
david.hobson
921 Views, 7 Replies

Dimension settings in AutoCAD 2012 LT

If I move, copy or stretch a dimension the text or figure associated to the dimension shows up bold. I can't find a way to re-set the text to normal. This also happens in normal text but I can remedy this by re-setting the "0" Z Geometry Position. I cannot use this method with dimensions so at the moment I re-write the dimensions and delete the old ones. This is very laborious. Is there a way of re-setting the bold text back to normal text?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
hwalker
in reply to: david.hobson

Have you tried using the following

^C^C_move;_all;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_p;;0,0,0;0,0,-1e99;

That just moves everything away from z=0 to z=mahoosive and then back to z=0

Also I would check that your z axis is set to 0 to start with.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 8
david.hobson
in reply to: hwalker

Thank you for your reply.

I entered the formula into the command line but it came up as "unknown command".

I am now trying to set Z Axis to 0 in the UCS settings. Is this the correct method?

Message 4 of 8
hwalker

It needs to be placed in a macro button.

And you should use the below code. The previous code had a dodgy character in it.

^C^C_move;_all;;0,0,0;0,0,1e99;_move;_p;;0,0,0;0,0,-1e99;

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 8
pendean

If you only want to type it you can do so: just replace the semi-colon with <enter> key on the keyboard, and the <ESC> key for ^C. Type the rest exactly as shown.
Message 6 of 8
david.hobson
in reply to: pendean

Many thanks for your help but I am still not succeeding in my mission. Whatever I type in the command line is "unknown" and I am unable to set the UCS Z Axis to 0.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 7 of 8
hwalker

I'm attaching a text file. Change the extension from .txt to .scr and save it to your machine (maybe to your desktop).

Now in Autocad. Click on TOOLS. Now click on RUN SCRIPT... and choose the file (maybe on your desktop) it should now be callled flatten.scr

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 8
david.hobson
in reply to: hwalker

Good afternoon.

Eventually, and with a little help from a colleague, I used your formula, created a Macro button and now my problem has been solved.

Many thanks for your help. This has made things so much easier.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost