Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Styles Not Comming Accross

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
qfanatiq
219 Views, 10 Replies

Dimension Styles Not Comming Accross

Got two drawings working of the same template, but the dimension styles come out at different scales (the size they look).

The Text is at the correct height but the arrows are huge. These styles are locked into the drawing template so there should be no difference.

Infact when i look at the details of the dimensions styles in Properties box they all read the same in both drawings.

Both drawings are drawn 1:1. I am sure this is a simple oversight on part and hoping a one button fix. But this has me totally stumped.

Thanks for your help.....Q
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: qfanatiq

Do the dimension styles use a user defined block for the arrow heads, and are they the same in both drawings? -- Daniel J. Altamura, R.A. Altamura Architectural Consulting and SoftWorx, Autodesk Authorized Developer ----------------------------------------------------------------- "QfanatiQ" wrote in message news:21214799.1073815427124.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Got two drawings working of the same template, but the dimension styles come out at different scales (the size they look). > > The Text is at the correct height but the arrows are huge. These styles are locked into the drawing template so there should be no difference. > > Infact when i look at the details of the dimensions styles in Properties box they all read the same in both drawings. > > Both drawings are drawn 1:1. I am sure this is a simple oversight on part and hoping a one button fix. But this has me totally stumped. > > Thanks for your help.....Q
Message 3 of 11
qfanatiq

"Do the dimension styles use a user defined block for the arrow heads, and are they the same in both drawings?"

I'm sorry not sure what you mean there.

I created Dimension styles a while back, these i then locked onto a .dwt file for other users at work.

I only discovered the dimension difference when i brought in a block (for temp use), upon insertion the arrows where huge, yet the number beside Arrows under the Lines and Arrows heading in the Properties reads the same as in other drawings where the dimension style draws correctly.

I was hoping/thinking this would be a scale issue, or a system variable.

Just checked and the properties for them are both the same?

This was a drawing simply saved as and reworked, I did insert the original Survey, I have just now deleted, purged & Audited the drawing (no errors).

Yet the dimension size is still the same (too big).

Ok just took everything out of the drawing, stripped it right down, drew a Dim and HUGE...

Might just set up the pages again as the new .dwg I have just created and inserted the drawing into dimensions correctly.

Still curios to knwo how to rectify this problem though.

Cheers.....Q
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

1. Open the Dimension Style Manager 2. Select your dimension style and pick the Modify button 3. Select the Lines and Arrow tab 4. Under Arrowheads, in the lower right, are you using a predefined arrow or a User Arrow (at the bottom of the pull-down lists)? Use can also check the values of DIMBLK1 & DIMBLK2. If you are using a User Arrow, then you may have two different block definitions of it in the two drawings. It may be larger in one drawing and smaller in the other. First check out this possibility. -- Daniel J. Altamura, R.A. Altamura Architectural Consulting and SoftWorx, Autodesk Authorized Developer ----------------------------------------------------------------- "QfanatiQ" wrote in message news:16557581.1073829764698.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > "Do the dimension styles use a user defined block for the arrow heads, and are they the same in both drawings?" > > I'm sorry not sure what you mean there. > > I created Dimension styles a while back, these i then locked onto a .dwt file for other users at work. > > I only discovered the dimension difference when i brought in a block (for temp use), upon insertion the arrows where huge, yet the number beside Arrows under the Lines and Arrows heading in the Properties reads the same as in other drawings where the dimension style draws correctly. > > I was hoping/thinking this would be a scale issue, or a system variable. > > Just checked and the properties for them are both the same? > > This was a drawing simply saved as and reworked, I did insert the original Survey, I have just now deleted, purged & Audited the drawing (no errors). > > Yet the dimension size is still the same (too big). > > Ok just took everything out of the drawing, stripped it right down, drew a Dim and HUGE... > > Might just set up the pages again as the new .dwg I have just created and inserted the drawing into dimensions correctly. > > Still curios to knwo how to rectify this problem though. > > Cheers.....Q
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

DDIM command, in each file, look up the settings and the actual DIMSTYLE being used. Match settings, remove any overrides you may have invoked. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt -- "QfanatiQ" wrote in message news:21214799.1073815427124.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Got two drawings working of the same template, but the dimension styles come out at different scales (the size they look). > > The Text is at the correct height but the arrows are huge. These styles are locked into the drawing template so there should be no difference. > > Infact when i look at the details of the dimensions styles in Properties box they all read the same in both drawings. > > Both drawings are drawn 1:1. I am sure this is a simple oversight on part and hoping a one button fix. But this has me totally stumped. > > Thanks for your help.....Q
Message 6 of 11
qfanatiq

Same drawing, all dim arrows are large (wether 1:50 or 1:1000). The settings are the same in both drawings. There are no overrides.

It is from the same .dwt (as explained above i locked the dim styles within this) so they are the same on start up.

I have checked these before, but just double checked now. Still no difference.

I have now pulled the drawing into another template and set up/setting up the sheets.

Thank you all for replies and help. If anyone can offer anything else I will gladly go back and try again, just to know what the problem is.

Cheers.....Q
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Post the two drawings to customer-files so we can have a look at them. -- Daniel J. Altamura, R.A. Altamura Architectural Consulting and SoftWorx, Autodesk Authorized Developer ----------------------------------------------------------------- "QfanatiQ" wrote in message news:14158489.1073836211855.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Same drawing, all dim arrows are large (wether 1:50 or 1:1000). The settings are the same in both drawings. There are no overrides. > > It is from the same .dwt (as explained above i locked the dim styles within this) so they are the same on start up. > > I have checked these before, but just double checked now. Still no difference. > > I have now pulled the drawing into another template and set up/setting up the sheets. > > Thank you all for replies and help. If anyone can offer anything else I will gladly go back and try again, just to know what the problem is. > > Cheers.....Q
Message 8 of 11
qfanatiq

Its done under the heading

Dimension Scale Problems

Also when i reopened them i got a Proxy Message (why did i not get it any other time i opened is another question) re AEC objects.

Perhaps this has something to do with it.

Thanks for taking a look.

.....Q
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I just checked customer-files and did not see it. Also, if the drawings contain data created from a vertical version of AutoCAD (LDT, ADT, etc.), then you will have to go to www.autodesk.com/oe to install the appropriate object enabler. -- Daniel J. Altamura, R.A. Altamura Architectural Consulting and SoftWorx, Autodesk Authorized Developer ----------------------------------------------------------------- "QfanatiQ" wrote in message news:4290866.1073840014857.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Its done under the heading > > Dimension Scale Problems > > Also when i reopened them i got a Proxy Message (why did i not get it any other time i opened is another question) re AEC objects. > > Perhaps this has something to do with it. > > Thanks for taking a look. > > ....Q
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Then your not using the same blocks: they could have the same name in your file, but one is custom? By re-inserting the problem file in a new template, you removed the problem block or definition. Problem solved for noqw until you do 'it' again ;) -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt -- "QfanatiQ" wrote in message news:14158489.1073836211855.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Same drawing, all dim arrows are large (wether 1:50 or 1:1000). The settings are the same in both drawings. There are no overrides. > > It is from the same .dwt (as explained above i locked the dim styles within this) so they are the same on start up. > > I have checked these before, but just double checked now. Still no difference. > > I have now pulled the drawing into another template and set up/setting up the sheets. > > Thank you all for replies and help. If anyone can offer anything else I will gladly go back and try again, just to know what the problem is. > > Cheers.....Q
Message 11 of 11
qfanatiq

Why are all dims altered, any scale? thats the problem. There is no overiding done.

Checked this. If i insert a correct dim, it boosts up in size.

To be honest I am looking forward to a blindingly obvious answer, just to get an answer will be good, no matter how stupid I look.

Cheers.....Q

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost