Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digitizing Tablet

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Sue Ackerly
191 Views, 1 Reply

Digitizing Tablet

Has anyone had experience with a digitizing tablet - is it worth getting one? I am an occasional user in civil engineering and we were looking at better ways to convert our graph paper designs to working projects and general drawing.
Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Sue Ackerly

Here at ValleyCrest Landscape Development in Orlando, we us about 6 digitizers in the estimating department. I currently have one connected to my computer also but do not use it with Autocad. If I have a .dwg I just measure my area on my screen in model space. Digitizer is useful with hard copies of drawings or plotted PDFs which is starting to be the norm. There are of course cheaper ways to measure areas than buy spending $2400.00 on the cheapest roll-up digitizing board. Now Adobe Acrobat measures area, Brava, and numerous others are out there. Some even color the areas and give you print outs in excel format. I would check the other options first before forking out the money for a board. You can get almost any drawing in PDF format now, just by contacting the owner, architect or engineer, and is emailable too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost