Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different LT scales in different Viewports

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kcsalefty
1018 Views, 5 Replies

Different LT scales in different Viewports

Using '09LT and was wondering if it's possible to have different line type scales in different viewports on the same layout tab?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: kcsalefty

No, not the way you describe it: but you might benefit from setting PSLTSCALE and MSLTSCALE differently from what you have now so that you get that effect in scaled viewports that don't match each other. remember, LTSCALE variable will affect the settings of the two variables noted above, as will CANNOSCALE variable.

Post back if you get stuck and list your setings for all four variables.

Message 3 of 6
s60088g
in reply to: pendean

I'm working on someone else's drawing.  A 1/4-in viewport shows batt insul that is two big and bleeds outside the wall cavity but in my 3/4-in scaled viewport, it looks perfect and is within the wall.  What's going on?  The owner of this file likes to keep the box checked in LT manager so that linetypes are scaled in paperspace.  The universal lt scale is 1.  I checked MSLTscale and PSLTscale.  All 1.  I hope that someone might help.

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: kcsalefty

Post a DWG sample with the problem, let's all have a look.
Message 5 of 6
s60088g
in reply to: pendean

Ok thanks.  Here's a copy of the dwg.  Just regen the vports if you need but you'll see the same hatch for batt insul fine in the enlarged details but not in the overall section.... Never saw this before!

Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: s60088g

1. BATTING linetype is one of the worst developed linetype ioptions in AutoCAD. You are better off finding a hatch pattern or a dynamic block that does the same thing IMHO.
2. Select the BATTING linetype you refer to, start PROPERTIES command: look at the LINETYPE SCALE listing, you have a forced object-only scale factor applied to it. 0.300 may be wrong, what do all your other "good" drawings have for this setting? match them up and your problem should go away if this is something you all use all the time successfully.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost