Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default lineweight for the Monochrome.ctb Plot Style

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
marchitect_nc
3919 Views, 9 Replies

Default lineweight for the Monochrome.ctb Plot Style

What is the default lineweight for the Monochrome plot Style? In the edit pen settings, for Lineweight it says "use object lineweight". When I select an object and go to Properties, under lineweight it says "By Layer". So I go to Layer Properties Manager and see that the layers lineweight setting says "default". Back to my question: What is the default lineweight for the Monochrome plot Style? Thanks, m
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

The default line weight is controlled by the LWDEFAULT system variable. You can set it to whatever you want.

Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the reply. Now, I typed LWDEFAULT and the value returned was 25. This produces a nice light lineweight. That obviously can't be inches, or even millimeters (would be almost 1" wide), what unit does it represent? The reason I'm going through this exercise is I'm trying to match the line weight in another Plot Style. Thanks, m
Message 4 of 10

According to help,

The default lineweight can be set to any valid lineweight value in hundredths of millimeters, including: 0, 5, 9, 13, 15, 18, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 50, 53, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 106, 120, 140, 158, 200, and 211.
All values must be entered in hundredths of millimeters. (Multiply a value by 2540 to convert values from inches to hundredths of millimeters.)

Message 5 of 10

Thanks for the help. So then a lineweight of 25 hundredths of a millimeter should be .0098 inches, if my math is correct. We shall see. m
Message 6 of 10

Something is still not right. My Lineweights in a diffetert Plot Style are also set to mm. If 25 hundredths of a millimeter is .25mm then that produces a fatter line than the Monochrome Plot Style lineweight. Definitely not the results I wanted. m
Message 7 of 10

Are you plotting a layout or from MS? My default is set to 25 and when I made a .ctb and set a color to print to .25mm the lines came out the same in that and monochrome when I plotted the layout.

Message 8 of 10

I'm plotting from a layout (Paper Space). m
Message 9 of 10

Here's what my page setup looks like that works for me.Capture.PNG

Message 10 of 10
pendean
in reply to: marchitect_nc

Do you want to use LWEIGHT command to set line weights?
Or do you want to use a plot style table?
And which plot style table option, a CTB or an STB? They are different.

There is no reason to mix-match and use all or a combination of the methods at the same time, pick one method and be consistent.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost