Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom CUI - my custom commands for sharing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
organicmodern
1810 Views, 7 Replies

Custom CUI - my custom commands for sharing

CUI commands for Sharing!

I have a few custom CUI commands that I would actually like to share, hopefully to speed up your own production. My CUI is attached as a zip file.

Descriptions of what I got, left to right:

--General Buttons--

Manager close: closes all open managers (layer dialogs, property dialog, etc.

Dimensions: A series of dimension buttons straight from autocad that I use the most.

Text Format: Top left, Top Center, Top right, all on the click of a button.

Break line at Point.

Set hatch orgin.

Freeze layer.

Frame off

Frame on

Send to back

--Scales--

Changes the ltscale and dimscale. I also use it to hover over to determine my scale factor for xrefs.

-Xrefs-

Unloads all xrefs

The buttons reload xrefs, but requires files to be names xfp0, xfp1, xelev, etc. Pretty nice if your on complicated project and stack the floors to see how things line up.

Things I'm still after:

What I would REALLY like is a way to change text to mtext without copy/clipping.

A way to open up the cui editor and have it all 'laid open' to start editing buttons, (or a simple text editor.)

PUMP CAD!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: organicmodern

Last two items remain wish-lists for LT 😞

Message 3 of 8
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: pendean

To unload or reload xref can be archieved with a macro no matter their names,

-xref;reload;*;

* = Wildcard

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 8
mapristo

I've recently made about 100 custom commands in the CUI, and I would like to share them with an engineer I work with so that we don't have to completely redo all that typing.

How do you save the custom made CUI? And after the CUI has been saved, what is the method you would go about for uploading it to another computer's local drive?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 8
pendean
in reply to: mapristo

You can use CUI command to "save as" To create a new CUI (buttons at the far top near where you can sort which CUI files to edit).
Or find and copy ioir CUIx file to the other user's PC, start CUI command, click on the transfer tab, and drag content from your CUIx file to their CUIx file.

OPTIONS command's FILES tab, under customization..., shows you the location of your primary menu file.
Message 6 of 8
mapristo

Thank you! It worked

Message 7 of 8
pendean

Tap that ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button please so this can appear to other users seeking help with the same item.
Message 8 of 8
mapristo

I can't find any button that says ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost