Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curser icon glitch

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
marchitect_nc
1653 Views, 8 Replies

Curser icon glitch

Every so often after I select the match properties command by clicking the paint brush icon on the upper menu bar, the icon doesn't change back after completing the command. The paint brush icon stays next to the curser no matter what command I'm using. The subsequent commands function properly, but the icon doesn't change from the paint brush unless I restart LT. Any ideas? XP Pro, LT 09 Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Johneng
in reply to: marchitect_nc

This has been a know issue for several releases. The only work around I have seen is to restart the match properties command and then hit return or cancel the command without selecting anything.

Message 3 of 9
marchitect_nc
in reply to: Johneng

Thanks Johneng. The work-around worked!
Message 4 of 9

I went from LT 2008 to LT 2011 and then LT 2012 and never saw such a thing.

Wonder if it is just 09 and 10 versions?

Everything updated with the LT 2009 install?:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240818#section4

Message 5 of 9

Hi Charles, When I updated with the 1st LT09 update it messed up my version so badly I had to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. I didn't try the update process again, not wanting to mess with anymore updates that "broke what wasn't broke" 🙂
Message 6 of 9
Pentagon2
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I'm on LT2012 and W7 professional all fully up to date and still occasionally get this cursor problem. I've never had Autocad approved graphics cards in this and previous versions of Autocad and computers and wonder if this is the common theme. I just close down the programme and restart but I like the suggestion by Johneng.

Message 7 of 9
katie1994
in reply to: marchitect_nc

I just upgraded to LT 2013 and this problem has started to happen to me. The work around  works but will get tedious because I use Match Properties quite a bit.

Message 8 of 9
Pentagon2
in reply to: katie1994

Happened to me with LT2010, LT 2011, LT 2012 and LT2013 with variously; XP Vista and W7. Will try work around rather than mine of restarting ACAD, less disruptive!

Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Pentagon2

The problem has been around for a very long time for some users, well beyond LT2010. Actual trigger is unknown, but it seems to be less common (but not totally gone) with users that do not use Mouse Drivers (let Windows run it).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost