Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted drawing AutoCAD LT 2012

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AlexVONA
532 Views, 5 Replies

Corrupted drawing AutoCAD LT 2012

Fellow AutoCAD users,

I've had some issues working with my medium sized AutoCAD LT 2012 drawing lately. It all started with some objects not beig able to copy from drawing to drawing (this has nothing to do with layers being of or any mistake like that). The object would simply not appear though it looked like the command had been completed succesfully. When I ran the Purge command it would purge hunders of blocks named *A.... (various digits followed) and than at last purge the block that had been pasted (or nothing when just single objects were copied). However I fixed it, sort of, by auditing my drawing, this would fix several errors, and then restarting AutoCAD. Copy pasting would now work again between drawings, for an hour or so, when I had to repeat the process. It gets rather tedious after a while.

Though now when I try to audit my drawing it gives me the error

"The object cannot be resolved or value limit has been exceeded. Inconsistent associative objects may display geometry and grips incorrectly and update in unexpected ways when edited. You can undo to resotre the associative object to its previous state".

No idea what this means, and I've only found the error once before on this forum and that was of little help. I did try out the AutoCAD recommended method of fixing a corrupted drawing, which was basically purging, and reinserting the drawing into an empty drawing, however this does not fix the error either.

Hope you have some clever ideas

I use AutoCAD LT 2012 on Windows 7 64 bits

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: AlexVONA

Welcome to the forums. Are you reading your command history for clues?. I am not positive, but you may be trying to paste in AEC content from a vertical product. Is your install set to automatically look for object enablers?

I know in my own case objects from the CADDUCT add-on weren't showing up, so I had to obtain the enabler from the originator of the file.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 6
pendean

Can you share that DWG file here?
Message 4 of 6
AlexVONA
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Hi guys,

The content I'm trying to post is not AEC content, it is actually content from an empty drawing like a line that does not work, the error seems to be in the file I try to paste in.

Attached is a DWG, which is an excerpt of my complete file (I cannot post my AutoCAD on a public website, I could try private messages). The attached file does not give this error particulary, but it is behaving similarly weird. For example. If I delete all the objects in the attached file, it still does not seem to be going near the 0kb filesize. It remains just under 3 MB. And when I run audit it deletes endless ACAD_BAD_LAYER layers. Odd isn't it?

Regards, Alex

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Your 'empty' file conatins the following hidden items:

DGN Complex Linetypes Purged = 44112

You need full AutoCAD to fix the problem, no option in LT http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22002791&linkID=9240618

I am able to copy/paste in it as much as I want.

Message 6 of 6
AlexVONA
in reply to: pendean

Hi Pendean,

Thanks for that. This has cleared things up for the small file. However the major file still won't let me audit it and I get problems copying from other drawings regulary. I would appreciate it if you were be able to have a look at it. It's too big for the forum so please use the link below:

http://we.tl/ckjSXd65P4

Kind regards,

Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost