Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Viewport from one sheet to another

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
motorhead964
4979 Views, 2 Replies

Copy Viewport from one sheet to another

I want to copy a viewport from one sheet to another in the same dwg file, but when I paste the vp into the new sheet all the "VP Freeze" layer settings disappear and the vp shows all the layers as on and thawed. Rather than having to go into each sheet and reset all the layers for the vp, is there a switch or setting somewhere that would allow me to retain my "VP Freeze" layer settings?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: motorhead964

No switch.
Explore using and saving LayerStates.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 3
Modman_4
in reply to: motorhead964

Another poster a few weeks ago gave a nice tip, which does work within the same drawing.
1. Make the viewport you wish to copy, into a block temporarily. Do not worry if it "blinks out".
2. Copyclip it and paste it into the target layout tab.
3. Now explode it and it should retain its layer freezes. If it is turned off, then turn it on.
4. Go back and explode the original and it should restore to its pre-block state.
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost