AutoCAD LT General Discussion

Contributor
ktat35
Message 1 of 3 (41 Views)

Converting dwg

41 Views, 2 Replies
12-04-2007 02:19 PM
What is the best way to convert a dwg file so that I can e-mail it to someone that does not have acad. bitmaps and JPEG's are not readable.

Thanks, KT
*Jason Rhymes
Message 2 of 3 (41 Views)

Re: Converting dwg

12-04-2007 06:27 PM in reply to: ktat35
Plot to a DWF and they can download the free viewer from Autodesk or PDF if
they don't want to do that.
Contributor
aknoll
Message 3 of 3 (41 Views)

Re: Converting dwg

12-04-2007 10:14 PM in reply to: ktat35
I usually plot to pdf (with Adobe Creator). It works nicely. There are number of pdf-plotters and pdf-creators available as free-ware or share-ware or try-ware on the net, not only from Adobe. Try some. It saves the people you are sending the files to the trouble of downloading and installing DWF viewer - although I admit it works better if they do. However in large companies not everybody is admin on their machine and cannot install programs. Adobe Reader is a standard SW equipment on office computers.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community