Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerning sheet sets

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
drjohn
491 Views, 3 Replies

Concerning sheet sets

I have not used sheet sets before cause we had no application for them in our business cause everything is custom made.

Now the boss wants to start making standard or "generic" drawings for things like the skins which are the same for a particular model and maybe the plumbing and other stuff.

Been watching youtube for a couple hours and other than falling asleep from the droning voices I seem to think that sheet sets are not for me or maybe I just don't understand them.

We have several models (not ACAD models but models like Corvette or Camaro is to Chevrolet. The models may have different attributes but perhaps the skins are the same in all 2400 models but the plumbing is different.

ANYWAY .... After watching the youtube tutorials I have come to a semi-conclusion that maybe sheet sets are not for us.  I would need to add the same sheets to many diff models and from what I understand the sheets can only be attached (maybe the wrong word) to one sheet set. That's not a good thing for us. If I make the skins drawing and am able to SSM them into a project and then make a change to how the skins are fabbed it will reflect on all the drawing files that have that sheet in them.

If I wanna make several 2400 models and need the sheets from the skins and the plumbing and the electrical not to mention the framework I can't do it cause a sheet can only be added to one sheet set.

Currently, I create all drawings in one file with many layout tabs. I would rather not import them into each one cause it's a PITA and I have to go thru and reassoc dims and mleaders and the like.

Am I missing something or is the sheet set just used for individual sheets that are in the same project and will not be used in another.

ULTIMATE GOAL:  To have a set of generic drawing files  that only the Product Layout is unique and the rest are made up in sheet sets attached to that drawing file so I don't have to merge the other drawing files one by one into the working set.  The customer only sees the Main Layout sheet and the other drawings are manufacturing for the shop floor guys.

I don't think sheet sets are the way to go in this adventure but thought I would ask for any thoughts or corrections in my thinking.

TIA

John

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: drjohn

>>>... I create all drawings in one file with many layout tabs....<<<
Yep, I don;t see how SSM can do much for you: it comes in handy when you have the oppsite, many DWG files with one or more sheets in them, that must become a 'set'. It would appear you already have that, one file that is a set.
Message 3 of 4
drjohn
in reply to: pendean

Thanx Dean ... that's what I thought but not having used them I needed confirmation.

Appreciate it.

Regards,

DJ

Message 4 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: drjohn

Same here about how useful it would be for me.

But I would love to get the use of Section and Page numbers across Section sheets when they are updated in Plan.

And for putting the Sheet list on the Cover page...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost