Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing annotative scale deletes hatch

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Crass
2624 Views, 12 Replies

Changing annotative scale deletes hatch

I created a associative and annotative hatch for a group of objects. It displays fine and the area measures fine. When I switch the annotative scale in the lower right for the whole drawing, portions of the hatch dissapear from the boundary objects - both visually and from the area in properties, When I switch back to original annotative scale, that area is still no longer there. In essense, parts of the hatch get deleted.

See the attached screenshots.

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Crass

Message 3 of 13
Crass
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes. Many times. Regen and regenall.

The fact that the hatch insertion point shifts and the area # changes tells me this is more than a display issue that regen would fix.

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 4 of 13
pendean

Look up these commands and variables (they will fix your many issues):
ANNORESET (Command)
Resets the locations of all alternate scale representations of the selected annotative objects.
ANNOUPDATE (Command)
Updates existing annotative objects to match the current properties of their styles.
ANNOALLVISIBLE (System Variable)
Hides or displays annotative objects that do not support the current annotation scale.
ANNOAUTOSCALE (System Variable)
Updates annotative objects to support the annotation scale when the annotation scale is changed.
Message 5 of 13
Crass
in reply to: pendean

Thank you Dean.

Here are the results of tinkering with these commands:

• ANNORESET - "1 found, 1 was not annotative," even though it indicates that the hatch is annotative in the ribbon and shows the annotative icon when you hover over it, etc.
  • ANNOUPDATE - "1 found 0 were updated." Same result both before and after changing the annotation scale and when the portion of the hatch disappears.
  • ANNOALLVISIBLE - this is set to 1. Even if I set to 0, the same issue occurs with the portion of the hatch disappearing
  • ANNOAUTOSCALE - this is set to 4. I think this is what I want.

None of this has addressed the problem. It is just one problem as I see it: I actually lose geometry by chaning annotation scale. The area of the compound hatch changes. It is not a display issue.

I really think there is some sort of software bug here. I already wblocked out the problem hatch and boundary geometry and remade the hatch multiple times in this new simple drawing.

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 6 of 13
Charles_Shade

Is there a Z value other than Zero?

Message 7 of 13
pendean

Post a DWG with the problem: I cannot reproduce here in any of my files.
Message 8 of 13
Crass
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Not for the hatch. And the only other geometry is the regions used to create the hatch. So I don't think so. I will post the file

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 9 of 13
Crass

The problem occurs when I change the annotative scale to 1"=200' for example. Notice how the hatch disappears at the upper part of the drawing, even when you switch back to the current annotative scale.

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 10 of 13
Charles_Shade

The Hatch does not dissappear here: LT 2014

The Scale of the Hatch changes as I would expect for the three Annotative Scales you have assigned to the Hatch. 1:60. 1:100. 1:200

All other Annotative Scales when active do not affect the Hatch at all.

Ths is the same across all regions of your drawing.

Message 11 of 13
pendean

See attached: I created a new single hatch across all 66 regions and it seems to have stopped the problem.

Message 12 of 13
Crass

You're right Dean. That worked. Thanks for your help. I wonder why that happened? It is a little disconcerting as I could have missed that and continued working. I should have tried to remake the hatch again as you did. Did you select all objects at once when creating the hatch?

As an aside, I might switch away from using regions. I like that they give areas for compound shapes, but they are difficult to edit and lead to performance problems - even when I hover over a region in an xref, my system grinds to a halt.

Thanks again!

-----
AutoCAD 2018/2021
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2021
Message 13 of 13
pendean

I only use REGIONs when I need the ability to add/subtract with ease.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost