Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot run Autocad LT 2012 on Windows 2003 as limited user

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bltechnical
239 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot run Autocad LT 2012 on Windows 2003 as limited user

I have a server running Windows 2003 and I need to have limited users be able to run Autocad LT 2012. Every time it runs, Windows Installer pops up for a very short time and AutoCAD never acutally runs. I believe that the pop up is for the English Language Pack, but I cannot be positive about it. I have already read the KB article on running as a restricted user, http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7281983&linkID=9240617, and the environment does not prevent the user from accessing any of the registry and file locations specified. I have tried many things to get this to work, but nothing seems to do it. One notable thing that I tried was to make the user an admin, run the program, then remove them from the admins group, but as soon as I remove them, they are no longer able to run it. Any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: bltechnical

that is not a supported OS for LT

Autocad LT was not made to run on any Server OS

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
pendean

Is your company trying to save from not purchasing a new PC that they let a user work on a Server? To say that this is ill advised is an understatement: as robust an OS as it is, running an occasionally troublesome application like AutoCAD is just asking for a disaster to happen IMHO.

Message 4 of 4
bltechnical

Good to know about not being supported on a server OS. It still doesn't help solve the problem though. Server 2003 is largely the same as Windows XP, so while I can take the supported solution to be "put it on an workstation OS," it would be nice to figure this out for future users that may have this problem since if it can happen on server 2003, it can happen on XP.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost