Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't View, Move, or Stretch Layers Properties Manager

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
LetitiaS
34902 Views, 25 Replies

Can't View, Move, or Stretch Layers Properties Manager

I just loaded AutoCAD LT 2015 onto my computer yesterday.  My layer properties manager is locked on the left side of my screen (not docked, just stuck).  I can only see the Filters, Status, & Name columns.  It will not let me uncheck the "allow docking."  It won't let me move it to the middle of my screen by dragging & dropping it.  It won't let me stretch it out so I can view the other columns like linetype.  How can I fix this?  I can't change my linetypes because I can't see that column.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
pendean
in reply to: LetitiaS

Post a screenshot of your full screen, let's all have a look at your situation.
Message 3 of 26
LetitiaS
in reply to: pendean

Here is the screenshot.  I cannot do anything to the Layer Properties Manager.  Thank you for your help.

Message 4 of 26
pendean

It's just docked: move your mouse to the title LAYER PROPERTIES MANAGER, click/hold then drag or click on the arrows/X that appear when you hover there. You can also right-click when you are hovering there for more options (like not allowing docking).

Otherwise it looks like you are running AutoCAD on dual monitors and have autocad docked on the secondary monitor: primary is preferred I believe to do all the above.
Message 5 of 26
LetitiaS

It won't let me drag it.  I get a red circle with a line through it saying I can't drag it.  When I right click, the "allow docking" is grayed out & will not let me check or uncheck it.  It also will not let me click on the bottom right corner & drag it out to enlarge it in order to see all the columns.  In order to change any linetypes, I am having to use the "classiclayer" command in order to get to the linetype column, which obviously is not ideal.

Message 6 of 26
pendean

What is LOCKUI variable set to? Setting it to 0 (that's a zero) would unlock all screen elements.
Tags (1)
Message 7 of 26
LetitiaS

That worked!  It was set to 15.  Once I changed it to 0, I was able to finally move it & dock it.  Thank you so much for your help!  🙂

Message 8 of 26
olga.finkelshteyn

THANK YOU!  I had the same issue and this fixed it.

Message 9 of 26
laraujo

I cannot reach the title, is there a way to bring it to the screen? Thanks, Luis. 

Message 10 of 26
pendean
in reply to: laraujo

screenshot please.
Message 11 of 26
jovelle1112
Message 12 of 26
pendean
in reply to: jovelle1112

The MAC forum is over there http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac/ct-p/3011

Your Windows application looks fine: was there another title you needed to reach?
Message 13 of 26
dan.endres

I have a similar question with my layers manager.  2 things actually:

1.) When I click on layers properties, it come up in the top left corner and I can't even see more than one layer without scrolling.  I was hoping to be able to move it out of the corner and be able to open up a larger window to see more layer.

2.) How can I get the layers properties to be a side toolbar like my properties bar is on the left in the picture?  All it will do when I drag it out of the toolbar on top is make a box and it takes up a lot of space on the screen.Capture.PNG

Help! It's driving me crazy.  I have autocad 2017 fyi.

Message 14 of 26
pendean
in reply to: dan.endres

original.png

Message 15 of 26
dan.endres

AWESOME.  Thank you.  Any idea how to make the Layers box from the middle of the screen a side bar like the properties bar in the picture?

Message 16 of 26
pendean
in reply to: dan.endres

ScreenShot001.png

Message 17 of 26
GregWaters1

Hi Dean,

I had the same problem except at first I couldn't even get my Layer properties Manager to come up.

I fixed that under your advise at the CUI Command

Then I couldn't get it unlocked from the left side, and I fixed that by setting the LOCKUI Command to 0.

Thanks for the advice!

Greg Waters

Message 18 of 26
sjohnsonSL5A3

Thanks ! It fixed the issue in AutoCAD 2017 also. I tried to use the Acad help but could not find a solution.

Message 19 of 26
GregWaters1
in reply to: sjohnsonSL5A3

The CUI and LOCKUI control  most of this behaviour. CUI is under the  .  Manage tab and LOCKUI is in the Customization list at the very bottom right hand corner of the screen.

Greg Waters
Pinnacle CM, Inc.
Planning + Design + Construction
www.pinnaclecm.net
Message 20 of 26
genaybell

THANK YOU!!  I have been searching for this answer for sooo long!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost