Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch plot not plotting anything...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
antoinearch
932 Views, 5 Replies

Batch plot not plotting anything...

New hard drive, had to reinstall LT 2010 (Win XP).  Trying to batch plot, going through the normal prompts, little plotter icon in lower right does its thing, then the message says "errors and warnings found".  When I open the "plot and publish details", there are no errors or warnings, and the plot file i just attempted does not show up at all.  Tried different variations, none work.

The first couple of times i tried it, it seemed there was a problem with the default path for the output file, in the publish options window, as if it could not see the server, but then i would browse, point to the exact same server folder, and it accepted it.  Also tried to save the output folder on my c: drive, but still no file.  

Any help is appreciated, I will need to make this plot file by tomorrow for the client, or i will have to send them 40 individual pdf's.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: antoinearch

With the re-install of LT did you go thru your page setups to make sure that the Printer these see is the same one that you had to re-install with the harddrive as well?

Are you using pc3 files and if so is this the exact same as it was previous?

Message 3 of 6
antoinearch
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I did have some confusion whether I had used the printers and .pc3's on the server or my c: drive, so I copied them to both places. In options I have the printers pointed to my c: drive.

I can print an individual pdf of one sheet, but I cannot print the same sheet to the same file in the same location in batch plot.  

Message 4 of 6
antoinearch

Thanks to George Omura I have found the problem!  I came across one of his videos while searching for help on batch plotting.  He recommended turning off "background plotting" in the options in order to increase speed.  Although I have a brand new hard drive and more ram, i did it anyway.  What was happening is that for each drawing, it was giving me the "layer notification warning" for unreconciled layers, and with the background plotting i was not seeing it and could not answer the dialog.  Once i turned it off, i had to ansswer "no" 30 times to the question about unreconciled layers, and then it finally plotted.  

I have always had that box pop up on single plots, but not for each plot in a batch.  I will have to explore how to fix that, but at least it is now plotting.  Thanks for the attempt anyway.

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Look up the following comamnds in help, sounds like you don't need them on:

LAYERNOTIFY

Specifies when an alert displays when unreconciled new layers are found.

LAYEREVAL

Specifies whether the layer list is evaluated for new layers when added to the drawing or to attached xrefs.

Message 6 of 6
antoinearch

Well, that provides a work around, but it still works differently than before.  Previously i would get the notification for a single plot, but not for batch plots.  I have turned it off for all plotting now, but will have to explore those variables at another time. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost