Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT wont output (print/PDF) in colour

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
aimanosi
7023 Views, 11 Replies

Autocad LT wont output (print/PDF) in colour

I stopped my subscription last year and found out since January this year none of my Autocad version will produce colour despite drawing in colour, it just produce black and white. I have tried changing the plotter syle, it still wont work. If I convert to PDF, if still comes out in black and white. I need assistance urgently as my client need their job in colour.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Charles_Shade
in reply to: aimanosi

What is the Plot Style Table you are using in the Plot Dialog?

Color PDF using a basic Color Plot Style attached

STYLESMANAGER from the Command line to Create a new Plot Style Wizard

Message 3 of 12
pendean

LT version?
What does "convert" mean in AutoCAD command names?

Do you just need to select NONE for a plot style table (are you calling it a plotter style?) when "converting"?

Or is your PDF driver set to MONOCHROME output? What is your PDF driver of choice?

Your post is light on usable details: also try and use exact AutoCAD command names or AutoCAD terms, it helps us understand what you mean better.

Message 4 of 12
heinsite

Which Printer/plotter name are you using in your Plot setup dialog?

DWG To PDF.pc3  (or)

Adobe PDF.pc3 (or)

Adobe PDF-CLR.pc3 (or)

CutePDF.pc3 (or)

... something else? 

Try the AutoCAD DWG To PDF.pc3 plotter by Autodesk.  When I tested this on my system some of the other options wouldn't print a color PDF either even though everything else seemed to be set up correctly.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 5 of 12
NDUKAIRABOR2620

I am having similar problem with my Autocad LT. Even when I chose acadlt plot style and save it still wont print in colour. When I try changing resolution and colour depth on plot properties, everything is frozen.

Even autocad to PDF wont output in colour. I need help too.

Message 6 of 12
aimanosi
in reply to: heinsite

Hello Dave

I have tried all format, nothing will work. I tried managing the property of plot styles but resolution and colour depth in frozen.

Message 7 of 12
aimanosi
in reply to: pendean

Hello Dean

Sorry about not making my points clearer.

When I said version, I meant I have Autocad 2010, 2011 and 2012 installed on my computer. Using any of them to open my drawing, produce the same result.

When I try managing propery of printer/plotter, resolutionand colour depth is frozen. When I change my plot style to acadlt , there is still no changes.

My PDF driver is working properly as I convert microsoft word document to PDF document (Colour)

Message 8 of 12
heinsite

Can you plot to color using any plot driver and color plot style?  One trick I used to use was plot to DWF and then from Design Center plot to PDF.  I did that years ago before Autodesk updated their PDF driver because I found I got smaller file sizes when using the Adobe driver from within Design Center.  This isn't the case anymore but I wonder if you'd tried that too.

It's either something simple we haven't figured out yet or you've got a busted installation of AutoCAD.  Your next stop may be a Repair.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 9 of 12
aimanosi

Thanks dave for the info

My licence is genuine, activated and registered, so that wont be the case of busted autocad. 

So I cannot figure were my challange is coming from. It has been working fine till now.

Message 10 of 12
heinsite

By "busted" I simply meant that sometimes a perfectly functioning version can get upset by a Windows or virus program update or something another software program might have done.  The registry is so complex now that any number of things might have put your installation out of whack.  So you may want to go into Windows to Add/Remove programs and Repair your AutoCAD installation.  If there are any missing or damaged files this process can find and fix them. 

One thing no one has asked yet is if you're current with SP1 ... I think you said this is a 2012 version?  It would be one more thing to cross off the list.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 11 of 12
Charles_Shade

Is Plot with Plot Styles checked?

Message 12 of 12
pendean

Use the NONE plot style table and test it again: NONE, as in you don't need it if all you want to do is print like the colors on screen.

And I hope you also check Charlie's last post and tip.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost