Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT ribbon not responsive

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
james.aus
304 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad LT ribbon not responsive

Hi,

I've just installed Autocad LT 2012, and am experiencing display issues with the ribbon.

Basically, the ribbon graphics are not refreshing when I click on an icon.  For example, I might be on the Home ribbon, and then click to change to the Annotate ribbon.  For all intensive purposes, the ribbon looks like nothing has happened.  If, however, I try to then click on the "line" icon, LT instead inserts a multiline text box (the button that occupies the same location in the annotate ribbon).  Clearly the program is switching between the ribbons but not updating the display.  If I click repeatedly on one of the ribbon menus, LT will eventually display that ribbon, but only after cycling through the various other display options.

I suspect this may have something to do with the compatability of my graphics card, as I was experiencing the same issue with a trial copy of ACAD Electical 2012 that I downloaded last month.

My system specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32bit

Laptop model: Dell Vostro 3550

Processor: Intel Core i5-2450M @ 2.50Ghz

Memory: 4096MB

Graphics: dual graphics - AMD Radeon HD 6630M + Integrated Intel graphics processing.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is frustrating to work with to say the least.

Cheers,

James

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: james.aus

Turn off Win7's AERO theme and set it to use the Windows Basic theme.

LT2012 also has hardware acceleration: start 3DCONFIG command and change the setting it is now and see if that also helps.

Message 3 of 4
james.aus
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

Thanks for helping.  I tried both suggestions, but neither had any effect.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: james.aus

Hi,
I've just installed Autocad LT 2012, and am experiencing display issues with the ribbon.

Basically, the ribbon graphics are not refreshing when I click on an icon. For example, I might be on the Home ribbon, and then click to change to the Annotate ribbon. For all intensive purposes, the ribbon looks like nothing has happened. If, however, I try to then click on the "line" icon, LT instead inserts a multiline text box (the button that occupies the same location in the annotate ribbon). Clearly the program is switching between the ribbons but not updating the display. If I click repeatedly on one of the ribbon menus, LT will eventually display that ribbon, but only after cycling through the various other display options.
I suspect this may have something to do with the compatability of my graphics card, as I was experiencing the same issue with a trial copy of ACAD Electical 2012 that I downloaded last month.

My system specs are as follows:
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32bit
Laptop model: Dell Vostro 3550
Processor: Intel Core i5-2450M @ 2.50Ghz
Memory: 4096MB
Graphics: dual graphics - AMD Radeon HD 6630M + Integrated Intel graphics processing.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is frustrating to work with to say the least.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

hihi, i am from in Vietnam.

I am, too

if you known repair, can you tell me known, please.

huyktqs@gmail.com

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost