Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT line colour on screen not differentiated

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
simon
2206 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad LT line colour on screen not differentiated

Hi, I'm doing a very simple drawing in 2D on LT2013, I have 3 layers and therefore 3 colours of lines on the screen, red white and grey colour 8. In previous versions of LT the line colour will appear as one flat colour for every single line on that layer, regardless of whether the line is vertical or at 45 degrees or horizontal. In LT2013 it seems that only horizontal lines are displaying in this way as the correct layer colour, but vertical and 45 degree lines (incl. hatch eg ANSI32) are lighter, to the point they are white. This means I can't differentiate between lines that are on Layer 0 white and lines that are on Layer Hatch Colour 8. Is there a way to render all lines their true colour on the screen so I know what layer things are on without having to click on them? Any help would be much appreciated 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: simon

That is a monitor and graphics card issue.

Or could be an AutoCAD Modelspace background color issue.

SWAG - Maybe try turning off Hardware Acceleration?

Change your colors perhaps to something that you can see the difference?

Anything else different from your previous version of LT and the new LT 2013 install?

Message 3 of 6
pendean
in reply to: simon

Did you change PCs with LT2013? There is no "angled lines are colored differently" setting in AutoCAD, LT2013 or lower, but LT2013 is by design set to use (and abuse) a graphics card fully with hardware acceleration unless you turn that feature off using 3DCONFIG command (your older LT versions had no such abilities).

Message 4 of 6
simon
in reply to: pendean

I have reset all my monitors settings to ‘restore’ and then taken it off ‘gaming’ settings and set it to 'text' setting (I didn't even know it was on these settings) it’s very dark but the lines have all gone the same colour – I think this is problem solved 🙂

Many thanks for both your help,

Kind regards,

Janine

Message 5 of 6
simon
in reply to: pendean

Hello pendean. Thanks for that info, yes I did change PC's at the same time. Ok, I've opened the 3DCONFIG command, the hardware accelerator box was unchecked already. Checking and unchecking this box doesn't affect the way the drawing looks unfortunately. .. From Janine
Message 6 of 6
simon
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hello Charles_Shade, Thankyou for this. I have checked and hardware acceleration is already unchecked. Modelspace background is just black like normal. When I changed the line colours to differentiate more strongly, the colours don't display the same as the colour I've picked, eg. Colour 11 (light pink) displays as white on all vertical lines, so I darken it to Colour 13 but it still displays as white, so I darken it to Colour 15 and it finally looks light pink, but the horizontal lines have gone dark pink by this time and look like they're on a different layer. I got a new PC at the same time as switching to LT2013, but still have the same monitor. Many thanks, Fromm Janine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost