Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT application has stopped working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4267 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad LT application has stopped working

Hi all

I get the error message

"Autocad LT Application Has Stopped Working"  intermittantly when I exit Autocad LT.

It seems to happen when I work on a drawing for a whiles but doesn't when I work for a brief period.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Brian

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What changed on your system or setup?

LT version?
Is it fully updated and patched?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Nothing has changed in System or setup.

Autocad LT 2013, Windows7

I will check for latest, installed a week or two ago.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
bryce.thelin

Hi Brian,

Is it crashing when closing a drawing or when closing the program? My first thought is for you to update your video driver. We've seen many times that the video driver can cause AutoCAD to crash when closing drawings or exiting the program. It's mostly when closing drawings, but when exiting you are usually closing a drawing at the same time.

Here is our graphics hardware list:

http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

Usually having the latest driver from the manufacturer is best, but sometimes this is not the latest version that we have tested. You can download the tested drivers at the above link. Even if you do have the current/correct video driver, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it anyway. The way to do this is to download the installer for the video driver, then uninstall your current driver, reboot, then install the driver again (or an updated/different version), and reboot once more.

Another thing to do, since you have Windows 7, is to set the acadlt.exe program file to run as administrator and to turn off User Account Control (UAC). I would also try setting your desktop theme to Windows Basic.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 5 of 6
bryce.thelin

Hi Brian,

I wanted to follow up with you on this discussion thread. Were you able to stop AutoCAD LT from crashing?

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: bryce.thelin

The fix with updating your videocard drivers worked for me. A few other things I did as well to make it work on my machine:

- allow the program and sub-programs manually in the Windows Firewall

- temporarily disable the virus scanner during startup of the program.

- right-click and 'Run as administrator' when starting the program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost