Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2015 cursor disappears clicking into Model Space

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
4671 Views, 8 Replies

Autocad LT 2015 cursor disappears clicking into Model Space

Hello,

I have been using LT 2015 this week. I created a drawing with some fairly large XRefs attached. In paper space I created a polygon and used MVIEW -> Object to make it a Layout Viewport. The viewport is locked and when I double click into the Paper Space to work in Model space the cursor disappears although it seems that I can do things as if it is there.

I tried the same drawing with LT 2012 and LT 2013 and the cursor is visible there and I can do the same things described above with no problem.

It appears to be a bug.

Doug

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

LT2015 taxes the video card like no previous version: since it can;'t keep up on your machine, explore options to changing your hardware acceleration settings in LT2015 to see if that helps.
You can also turn off LINESMOOTHING variable in LT2015.

Updated video card drivers from your PC manufacturer or your Video Card Manugfacturer may help too.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Bazinga!,

Turned off Linesmoothing per your suggestion and it is working fine.

Thanks for the fast response.

Doug

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

So I get an automatic email back from Community mailer saying:

Great job! ${solution.actor.login} marked your answer to a question as an accepted solution!

Did I click the wrong thing?

Dean Saadallah's answer was the solution, I just asked the question.

Message 5 of 9
pendean

That's an annoying automatic response: glad we found the easy fix.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Just a little follow-up on this issue. Another guy at work here is using Autocad 2012 full version. He is working on the same type of drawings that I was working on when the disappearing cursor issue popped up with me using LT 2015. He is experiencing the same problem with his full version of 2012. Normally we work on schematics and control panel layouts which don't tax our systems much, but these large plan views with multiple XRefs are causing trouble right here in River City.

Message 7 of 9
pendean

AutoCAD 2012 doesn't have the newer LINESMOOTHING variable but changing their hardware acceleration and/or grabbing newer drivers for their video cards may help them.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I have been using several viewports in paper space AutoCad LT2016. The parts list is put down the side of the drawing on the paper space. If I am zoomed in to the parts list and double click it opens a viewport which is not on the screen and my cursor & crosshairs dissapear as soon as I enter the paper space. Zoom out an a thick border is round one of the viewports which was not previously on the screen. While zoomed out double click on the paper space and the thick border round the viewport dissapears and the cursor reapears in the paper space where it should be !

It's been driving me mad and seems a long standing fault AutoCAD should have fixed long ago.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I was able to fix this problem by closing AutoCAD and restarting it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost