Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2002 and Windows 8

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rcaleca
1342 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad LT 2002 and Windows 8

Believe it or not, I was able to successfully load my Autocad LT 2002 disk onto my new windows 8 machine. It works r except for the dreaded Gedit 3 error that always eventually pops up and crashes the program. I was already forced by microsoft to dump my XP computer and spend $1000 on a new one and I am hoping I don't have to spend another chunk of change on a new version of Autocad LT. Does anyone have a solution for my Gedit 3 problem? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rcaleca

LT2002 is snake biten with the GEDIT3 curse: it's conflicting with other software on your PC (or even just Win8).

Why give up on XP if it worked for you? Did Microsoft actually contact you and harass you into upgrading? You're already off the grid using LT2002 so why not keep it running in WinXP and be off the grid there too? Why add headaches you've managed to avoid for so long? I'm just curious how old is fine in one spot but not the other 🙂
Message 3 of 5
rcaleca
in reply to: pendean

I replaced my XP desk-top with a laptop so I could work anywhere.  When I encountered a Gedit error on my XP computer I replaced my Norton antivirus based on a suggestion in this forum and solved that problem. I tried temporarily uninstalling my  current virus softare but it didn't help. I'm hoping that as more people migrate to Win 8 someone will come up with a solution.

Message 4 of 5
billywilliams
in reply to: rcaleca

I have exactly the same problem with my 2002Lt. I bought a new laptop and installed the acad and it works fine except every few commands I get the GEDIT 3 notification and the drawing has to recover. Has anyone found a solution yet, help!

@rcaleca wrote:

Believe it or not, I was able to successfully load my Autocad LT 2002 disk onto my new windows 8 machine. It works r except for the dreaded Gedit 3 error that always eventually pops up and crashes the program. I was already forced by microsoft to dump my XP computer and spend $1000 on a new one and I am hoping I don't have to spend another chunk of change on a new version of Autocad LT. Does anyone have a solution for my Gedit 3 problem? 

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: billywilliams

There is no fix for GEDIT errors in LT2002 on unsupported Windows versions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost