Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT for Tablets

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Kyle-Evans
2181 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCad LT for Tablets

Does such a thing exist? Basically what we want to do is buy a tablet (Any brand at this point) for our field guys, and install some kind of AutoCad program on it so they can draw lines and complete nice looking markups. (If you know what I mean) So all we need is a simple drafting program that can do Lines/Arcs/Circles and text basically...

Let me know!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

AutoCAD WS

This would be a collabarative solution to your need.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Charles_Shade

... and if you can LT2011 or higher, AutoCADWS can be accessed from inside LT back at the office too.

Message 4 of 7
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: pendean

Well, actually we are running Civil 3D, I did not ask the question there, because there is no way in hell a tablet will run Civil 3D. I actually had the AutoCAD WS App installed, but failed to notice the simple draw commands!!!

Thanks guy!

Message 5 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Yep, watch real time changes across the cloud.

Message 6 of 7

How about a proper program that will create drawings from scratch? I don't want or need all this cloud stuff. What I need is to be able to go to site, measure up and draw the buliding on a tablet with a pen and then come back to my office and finish the drawing. Is that too much to ask for? Exactly like we would with pencil and paper, "sketch it on paper and then CAD it up in the office".

Alan

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: alan.skipper

When that becomes available from Autodesk, we will all know it.

In the meantime, you need to be talking to your IT (or hiring an IT consultant) to set up access to your files from your servers across the internet through secure connections to your mobile devices. There are also do-it-yourself solutions and software, your personal choice to take. These have been around for almost two decades, we all do it. No need to wait for Autodesk to provide a drive for your files totally out of your control to do so.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost