Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2012 LT copy and paste not working

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
wasicekr
8058 Views, 13 Replies

AutoCad 2012 LT copy and paste not working

I have recently upgraded to AutoCAD LT 2012. The copy/paste function and the group/ungroup function are not working. I have run service pack 2 with no improvement.

What is the fix for this?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
pendean
in reply to: wasicekr

For GROUP to work, you must have PICKSTYLE set to 3 ideally (1 at a minimum): do you? Same with older and newer versions of LT.

As for copy/paste, is the problem ALL files even if you start a new one and draw a few lines to test on? Or just the one file or few files you've tried so far? What method of copy/paste are you using exactly? name the commands or butons you pick.

Message 3 of 14
wasicekr
in reply to: pendean

I have used Ctrl C/Ctrl V, the copy and paste buttons in toolbar and right click copy and paste to clip board.

Message 4 of 14
pendean

"...., is the problem ALL files even if you start a new one and draw a few lines to test on? Or just the one file or few files you've tried so far?..." Works fine here so it would be good to know what else is different.

Windows version?

Message 5 of 14
wasicekr

Windows 7.

The copy paste will work on a new drawing but not any existing from drawing to drawing.

Message 6 of 14
pendean

Try this test: in the existing drawing where it will not work, draw a line, then try to copy/paste it inside the same drawing. If this works, try copy/paste this same line to the other drawing where it failed.

Let us know who it all worked.

Message 7 of 14
BadandMadMartin

Hi wasicekr,

When copying and pasting between drawings, when copying, you need to hold down Ctrl, Shift and c rather than just Ctrl and c.

This caught me off guard as well.

Hope this helps,

Martin.

Message 8 of 14

Interesting. Maybe that is why the issue popped up.

One more thing to try.

When you Copy from one Drawing to a another and it does not work take a moment and from the Command Line: OPTIONS then click OK.

Is Paste available now?

Message 9 of 14
pendean
in reply to: BadandMadMartin

CTRL+SHIFT+C is COPYBASE command, always has been.

CTRL+C is COPYCLIP command like in all other Windows: there is no variation in LT2012 here so I'm not sure why you all think it has changed.

There has been no change, not even in LT2013.

Message 10 of 14
BadandMadMartin

I only had to start using Ctrl, Shift and c for copying and pasting between drawings since 2011, versions before that I could just use Ctrl and c and it would do it without any problems.

Message 11 of 14
pendean

CTRL+C works fine in 2012 and 2013 here, the command used in COPYCLIP when invoked. Just like older versions. Look up COPYCLIP in Help in 2012/2013, it shows the Command Entry as CTRL+C.

What command is invoked when you use SHIFT+CTRL+C? Here it's COPYBASE, common in all AutocAD versions.

Message 12 of 14
BadandMadMartin

It does come up as copybase when I do it. I tried ctrl and c yesterday to check if it still didn't work...it worked! (Typical!)

We did have CAD updates since I first had 2011LT and started trying to copy and paste. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

But to be fair, I think copybase is better anyway (for me at least) because you can choose a base point for inserting it into another drawing which I use a lot when updating our record drawings usingdrawings from contractors.

Martin.

Message 13 of 14
pendean

Agreed, I'm more inclined to use COPYBASE than COPYCLIP 99% of the time here too.

Message 14 of 14

Haii..... Guys.........

Just enter CLASSICKEYS after that set value 0.

I hope this helps you all. Always...

Prasanth Manmadhan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost