Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT2012 Hanging

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mgenglerarchmad
368 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD LT2012 Hanging

I downloaded and installed DWG Trueview 2012 and it reset my default program for DWG files to  DWG Trueview 2012.  I chnaged the default for DWG files back to AutoCAD LT2012.  But now, when I double-click on a DWG file in Windows Explorer, it starts AutoCAD LT2012 and then hangs up.  Is there any way that I can fix That?

I tried "Repair" twice, but that didn't fix it.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
heinsite
in reply to: mgenglerarchmad

Just curious, but why would you install TrueView if you have AutoCAD LT?  LT has everything you need to view dwg drawings.  Did you somehow confuse TrueView with Design Review?  Design Review reads DWF and DWFx files and is much more useful for me.  TrueView is really only for people who *don't* have AutoCAD.

If this is the case you may want to completely uninstall TrueView and put things back so only AutoCAD loads dwg's.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 3 of 5
pendean

How did you "change the default"? DWG files need to be associated with the ACLAUNCHER in Widnows Explorer, then simply starting LT would get Windows to reassociate the DWG format with LT.

And as noted above, you have LT2012 why do you need the free viewer? It cannot do any more than LT2012 does, never has, never will.

Message 4 of 5

I changed the association under "Default Programs" in Windows 7, which is where you are supposed to do that.

When I open a fiile from AutoCAD LT 2012 everything works fine.  But when I'm in Windows Explorer and double-click on an a DWG file, the AutoCAD LT 2012 program starts up and then hangs.

As far as DWG Trueview, I downloaded it so that I could view a 3D CAD file, which I couldn't do from AutoCAD LT.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

Whatever you "changed" may still be the culprit, I have multiple variants of AutoCAD and the free viewer on my PC and when I start one of them, any of them, Windows Explorer always remembers my last selection since the DWG files are associated with the AUTOCAD DWG LAUNCHER app and I did not manually change it to anything else.

But I also found and use a Windows freeware (there are many) that let me add all of my favorite programs to the right-click SEND TO menu and I can them redirect any file to any program I want without starting it first.

As suggested above by others, you may have to repair reinstall LT to fix your "changes".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost