Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT lineweight setting

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
4079 Views, 18 Replies

AutoCAD LT lineweight setting

Hi

I am so annoyed - my AutoCAD LT lineweight settings keep resetting from drawing to drawing, is it suppose to do it or what?

I just want my lineweight settings always (for any drawing) to be as I set them!

Tahnk you. 

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

LWDISPLAY is Drawing specific.

Is it On (1) for each drawing?

Is it set to On in your Template?

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yes Charles LWDISPLAY is ON all the time but as far as I understand LWDISPLAY is for displaying lineweight but my main problem is thet AutoCAD LT keeps resetting my lineweight from 0.00mm to 0.25mm Cat Mad

Message 4 of 19
hwalker

Is your lineweight setting set to Default at 0.25mm. Click on the following

TOOLS

OPTIONS

USER PREFERENCES

At the bottom left of the dialog box it should say LINEWEIGHT SETTINGS

Click on that.

Middle right hand side it should say DEFAULT. Mine is set to 0.25mm, but you can use the dropdown box to change it to what you want.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

That is the promblem - for each new drawing I have to go and change the Lineweight settings - it keeps reseting! I am trying to change it to 0.00mm.

Message 6 of 19
hwalker

Load up your template, or create a new template and change it to 0.00mm there, then save your template

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous

Doesn`t help 😞 All other settings what I change stay the same  when I change but the Lineweight settigns.

Message 8 of 19
hwalker

Found the answer in another section of these forums

Type in LWDEFAULT use zero

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous

LWDEFAULT is just command for setting Lineweight settings and using command does not change anything - Default Lineweight settings are correct in current session(if AutoCAD is not turned off) when I restart AutoCAD Lineweight settings become 0.25mm again and I have to set it to 0.00mm again.

I think I just have to assume it is how AutoCAD works...

Or can you please try to set LW settings to 0.00mm then quit AutoCAD , strat it again and check the LW settings stright way...Will it be 0.00 or 0.25mm?thank you.

Message 10 of 19
AcadAdamLT

Check the attachment.

Is this how it looks for you? I've used Autocad LT from 2010 - 2013 and this havn't been a problem for me.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Yes this is what I am talking about. I set the width next to Default to 0.00mm but on next AutoCAD start it is again back to 0.25mm and always to 0.25mm.

So you are telling me your settings nevar reset??

Message 12 of 19
hwalker

If you look up help LWDEFAULT should be saving your setting to the Registry, but since it isn't I suggest you do the following

1. Close down Autocad and any Autodesk related programs.

2. Run the Registry Editor.

3. Search in the registry for LWDEFAULT.

4. Change the number to 0

5. Reboot your computer.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 13 of 19
pendean

Are you experiencing an actual print or display issue that is making you change the setting in every file?

Define "NEW FILE" as you describe it here: do you mean when you open "OTHER" existing files, or do you truly mean you are starting a NEW FILE from scratch?

LT version? Is this a new problem? Or just a recent observation that did not matter before you discovered it?

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I started to experience publishing(printing to PDF) problems with linewidth - lines were thick...After this I started to pay atention to LW settings.

I mean when I open my AutoCAD LT change the LW then I can creat new file by clicking "new file" button and open existing file BUT if I literally close my AutoCAD LT by clicking red cross in upper right corner like exit the program my LW settings always resets.

I discovered this when I started to publish to PDF.

I will try to run Registry Editor will see what happens...

Message 15 of 19
pendean

Post a screenshot of your PLOT command pop-up in a file with the problem, and if you can also post the resulting "problem" PDF file and the DWG file.
Delete any sensitive info first.

Your LT version?
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous

Any help where to find LWdefault woulde be so helpful!

Message 17 of 19
hwalker

When you have the registry editor open. Click on edit and move down to find OR hold down ctrl and press F, and then in the dialog box just type LWDEFAULT

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

The thread is old, but I found a solution which might help someone having the same problem.

the only method that worked for me is to change the line weight in the setting to any value except 0. Therefore selecting the value of 0.05 worked fine. If I select 0, whenever I restart autocad it changes to 0.25 again.
Message 19 of 19
Anonymous

The thread is old, but I found a solution which might help someone recently having the same problem.

The only method that worked for me is to change the line weight in the setting to any value except 0. Therefore selecting the value of 0.05 worked fine. If I select 0, whenever I

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes Charles LWDISPLAY is ON all the time but as far as I understand LWDISPLAY is for displaying lineweight but my main problem is thet AutoCAD LT keeps resetting my lineweight from 0.00mm to 0.25mm Cat Mad

restart autocad it changes to 0.25 again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost