Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT freezes as soon as it starts up

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
328 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT freezes as soon as it starts up

At initial start up, AutoCAD LT 2012 freezes as soon as it opens. If I disconnect from the internet prior to starting the program, I do not have the problem. Perhaps the program is looking for some information from Autodesk before it will start. Is there something that I can turn off so the program won't access the internet during start up? My operating system is Windows 7.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this a new installation of old LT2012?
Or is this a new problem on an established seat?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I have had the AutoCAD LT 2012 program, on this same computer, since 2011. The problem started appearing in November or December 2013. Initially, the cursor would stick for awhile after the program had been up and running for a few minutes. Then, it got to the point that everytime I started up the program, the program would freeze as soon as I tried to open a file. This would last for one or 1-2 minutes. After that, the program would work great as long as it was open. Based on advice you gave to someone with a similar problem, back in January of this year, I tried disconnecting from the internet prior to starting up the program. The problems disappeared! I reconnected to the internet, and still had no problems with the program freezing. No problems until recently. For the past week or so, everytime I start up the program, it freezes as soon as the new file automatically opens. Sometimes it starts working after a minute or so. Sometimes, it does not unfreeze at all. I have taken to disconnecting from the internet before I start up the program. As soon as the program is up and running, I can reconnect to the internet, and there are no problems. This is why I am guessing that the program is looking for something (unsuccessfully) on the internet during start up. I did get an eTransmit file from a Civil Engineer back in November. Perhaps his file contained some objects that my LT program was trying to find an enabler for...? However, I have turned off the "Check Web for Live Enablers" option in the Systems tab of Options in the Tools menu, so I would think that the program should not be looking for any enablers online.

By the way...maybe an unrelated problem, but: in reviewing the Systems tab of Options in the Tools menu, I clicked on the "Balloon Notifications" box and got the following message: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e0434352h Exception at fc40940dh. I had to let the program close down and restart it. I have tried this several times, and the FATAL ERROR always appears. Does this clarify or confuse the issue? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Have you tried Windows System Restore all the way back to last October or earlier yet? May be worth it.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

If I do system restore all the way back to October, will I need to reinstall the Service Pack 2 for AutoCAD LT, which I installed in January? Would you recommend that I turn off Windows automatic updates before I do the system restore, and then manually install only critical Windows updates after that?

Message 6 of 6
pendean

You can always reapply updates to Windows and LT anytime you want: the priority is first to get AutoCAD to work properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost