Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 Tool Palettes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cad
Participant
3685 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 Tool Palettes

Hi,

My pc is being upgraded next week (while I am away on holiday). The IT guy will be adding 4GB of RAM and will be switching from 32bit win 7 pro to 64bit win 7 pro, obviously, this will mean a clean install and re-installing all my software. I have my tool palettes set up with many blocks, leaders, hatch patterns etc and I want to know if there is a way I can save my tool palettes and then reload them onto the upgraded pc with the re-installed AutoCAD LT?

Don't know if this is possible, it will be a ball ache if it's not, but I'm sure the upgrade will prove beneficial.

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hwalker
in reply to: cad

In the autocad Start Menu there is a section called MIGRATE CUSTOM SETTINGS. This will export all your settings to a zip file.

I suggest you copy this zip file onto a USB stick to keep it safe. When you get back off holiday go to the same part of the start menu and choose IMPORT

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: hwalker

More specifically, there is a search path in the Options dialog which controls where AutoCAD searches for palettes.  Use this to locate where your palettes are stored.  You *should* be able to copy the contents of this elsewhere e.g. network drive, then change the path in AutoCAD to test before you migrate.  Not sure if this is in LT (not even at an AutoCAD computer right now!) there is an option to export tool palettes and palette groups so they can be re-imported elsewhere.

Generally, its a good idea to have such files on a network location not just for sharing between users but to handle such things as new computers/reinstalls and upgrades.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 6
cad
Participant

Thanks hwalker, I've saved the .zip migration file and will give it a go when I return.

Message 5 of 6
cad
Participant
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks dgorsman, I've exported the tool palettes to my portable hard drive and will have a go at importing them when I return.

Big thanks to both you and hwalker.....you've broken the speed record for replying to a question, even for the Autodesk subscription centre I think. I've gone for the belt and braces approach and have saved the palettes / custom settings as each of you have described. Hopefully, this will save me a lot of time when I return.

Cheers,

Mike 

Message 6 of 6
dtiemeyer

hwalker, You claim to be 'left handed and proud' but your avatar is right-handed. Suggest mirroring Kermit-Yoda for consistency sake. 😄
My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost