Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 Flickering Issue

127 REPLIES 127
SOLVED
Message 1 of 128
NejmarkACAD
26226 Views, 127 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 Flickering Issue

My office recently received the update from 2013LT to 2014 LT, and after installing them, I'm noticing an issue that I don't understand.

If you go to the link below, you'll see a video of the problem.  Basically, when more than one drawing is open, as the user pans around or zooms in and out, the application status bar starts to go nuts, with the word "unrecognized" popping in and out, as well as a small symbol to its left.  Also, while all of this is happening, the colour in the layers bar at the top of the drawing flickers somewhat randomly.  So far, 5 of the 11 copies have had this issue, and 3 of those licenses haven't been used yet.

I'm experiencing this on multiple machines, across multiple platforms.  This includes Core I7's with 8 Gigs of DDR3 RAM and Radeon 6450's running windows 7, all the way to Core 2 Duo's running 64 bit XP with 4 gigs of DDR2 RAM.  

Please see video below:

http://youtu.be/NbaYawDl9Xo

Any help is greatly appreciated!

127 REPLIES 127
Message 101 of 128
longleyje
in reply to: longleyje

Further to my post above: Successful application to the Win 7 machine as well.Note: Bother were AutoCAD LT 2014 WITH SP1 installed
Message 102 of 128

6GB Ram not enough for a program most people use for basic Vector graphics - What on earth is Autocad coming to!

How hard can it be! Every version becomes more cumbersom and over complex.... You are loosing customers!!!

Specially supported video cards only - this was never an issue a few years ago and the program has hardly changed!

Very dissapointed with this unhelpful view from autodesk...

Autodesk need to test their software with more hardware and not a limited number of overpriced rip-off graphics cards.

Message 103 of 128
dwcarchitect
in reply to: pendean

1. Save to a location of your choice and close the file.
  2. Rename the file so that it has a .reg extension instead of.txt.
  3. Double-click the .reg file to apply it to the registry. Afterwards, the .reg file can be deleted.

How exactly is this done? The instructions say to just double click on the file with the .reg extension, but when I do that it just opens the text. Nothing happens. In fact, I'm pretty sure that just renaming the file doesn't change the extension type. Even if I rename the file FixLT.txt, it remains a txt file. The name is just FixLT.reg.txt. And once I get a real .reg file, how do I just "apply it to the registry"? These instructions are terrible. It's like if I put on my construction documents instructions to the contractor, "Build it."

I'm running Windows 8 64 bit OS 3.20 GHz with 8GB of RAM and an AMD Radeon HD 7560D display adapter. I just installed AutoCAD LT 2014 a month ago and don't think I have SP1. I have all the same symptoms described above, except that I get the delay and flickering "Unrecognized" message with just one file open, and it starts right away. It runs just fine if I'm using a file that has no xrefs and no view ports.

Message 104 of 128
yooperjeff
in reply to: dwcarchitect

A few other people have had the same issue with not being able to change the extension. Solution is explained later in the thread. You will need to disable the option in Windows to "hide extensions of known file types".

Jeff Richard
Environment LTD
O: 281-983-0100
M: 713-294-3280
(sent via mobile - please excuse auto spell typos)
Message 105 of 128
dwcarchitect
in reply to: yooperjeff

With a bit more research I found the correct way to do add to the registry.

You don't need to disable anything or even change the file type to a .reg.

open regedit.exe (Either in your program list or type it in the C: command line or with Windows 8 type it in the search line and open it when the search finds it)

Go to File, Import.

Navagate to the location where you saved the .txt file (FixLT.txt)

In the import file window, change the file type to "all files". Your .txt file should show up. Select the file and you're done. Regedit puts the information in the right place. Close regedit. Restart your computer.

I tested AutoCAD LT 2014 by opening several files with xrefs and view ports and it's working great!

Thank you to everyone who researched and struggled with this issue over the past year. Your posts helped me solve the problem.

Message 106 of 128
techsupport

sir what about windows7 32 bit
Message 107 of 128
dwcarchitect

I can't speak specifically to Win7 32bit, because my machine with those specs is now just my external storage device. I was running AutoCAD 2011 and it was working fine, but I couldn't run it on my new 64bit machine, it just wouldn't install. So I bought the v2014.

However, Windows 7 still has regedit.exe, so it might work similarly. Try opening the program by going to the C: prompt and typing in regedit.exe and pressing enter, or by searching for it and then double clicking on the program to start it. Try following the same process of selecting file, import and changing the file type to "all files" etc. (same process). I can't test these instructions because I don't have the machine set up for easy keyboard access. And even if I did, since I didn't have the problem with AutoCAD 2011, how would I know if the process works? But if anyone else with a Win7 32bit machine has tried this and fixed the problem, please post about it. "longleyje" post on 1/7 suggests that it worked.

Good Luck.

Message 108 of 128
yooperjeff
in reply to: techsupport

Are you having the same issues in the 32bit version or are you checking whether others are?
I have only witnessed the issue in the 64bit version because all of my machines are 64bit. The regedit solution listed is probably specifically for 64bit versions, but you can try it. Your mileage may vary. Worst thing that could happen is you may have to uninstall/reinstall AutoCAD. Let us know how it goes.

Jeff Richard
Environment Ltd.
Architectural Millwork
www.envltd.com
10865 Seaboard Loop
Houston, TX 77099
(713) 294-3280 mobile
(281) 549-2356 direct call/fax
(281) 983-0100 main office
(281) 983-0147 main fax
Message 109 of 128
longleyje

Sorry for any confusion on the subject resulting from my posts ;(

I had originally applied a suggested fix of bringing forward the AecCore.crx from a previous version (Ibelieve a download link was even supplied to said file). This did appear to work, in as much as the flickering did disappear.

However, on subsequent careful examination of the command line on loading certain (all? - can't now recall) drawings the command line would indicate that the aeccore module did not load/did not load correctly.

Therefore I remaned files to make the original 2014 AecCore.crx file active again AND applied the reg fix. This was done on both a Vista Bus. 64 machine and a Win 7 64bit machine. In both cases no filckering 🙂 and No error in loading the module - not to mention all seems to display and function as one would expect

My conclusion, at least for these two 64bit environments is that the registry fix is the correct fix

Jim
/

Sent from Samsung tablet

Message 110 of 128
RLStanford

I'm having the same flickering problem with my 32-bit version of LT.  I was looking forward to implementing the registry fix, but when I checked my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001\ variables I find that I do not have a AECPSDAUTOATTACH variable.

Message 111 of 128
RLStanford

OK - after a bit more sleuthing ...

I changed the LTFix file to be:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001\Variables\AECPSDAUTOATTACH]

@="0"

"StorageType"=dword:00000003

"SecondaryType"=dword:00000001

"LowerBound"=dword:00000000

"UpperBound"=dword:00000001

"PrimaryType"=dword:0000138b

// =================== reg file end =====================

and saved it as a .txt file. I opened REGEDIT and imported the .txt file.  That added the missing variable to the registry. I re-booted the machine.

That seemed to do the trick!  I no longer have the flickering problem on my 32-bit 2014 LT when multiple files are open. Thanks everyone!

Message 112 of 128
Smajon
in reply to: RLStanford

For me it started when I began tinkering with creating tool palettes, I thought maybe that was it but none of the previous posts mention anything about palettes. 

I am an intern architect, not a programmer. I am not editing the registry of every computer in my office, unless autodesk wants to pay me the going rate for a programmer or IT professional.  Or if Autodesk wants to MAN UP and take responsibility for any issues caused from editing the registry, then ill do it.

When is Autodesk going to resolve this issue? 

Team Koch
Message 113 of 128
yooperjeff
in reply to: Smajon

Smajon, I really don't understand all the fear generated by this issue (You're not the first).  If you're an "intern" architect, then you probably work at a company large enough to have an IT guy on staff, or at least someone with more advanced computer experience. Show that person this forum and make them take responsiblity off of your shoulders for fixing other machines.

OR take some initiative and read this whole forum post, research a bit about registry editing and learn about what the fix really does.

BTW, Autodesk is the one who provided the Regedit solution. The problem is not affecting everyone so AutoDesk can't carpet bomb the entire user base with a "solution" that could potentially cause other issues.  The regedit method is the best band-aid at this time.  If you're interested, read the code that is in the FixLT.reg file (open with notepad), you can see that it is only modifying AutoDesk portions of the Registry and does not affect other portions of your system.  This really is not difficult - takes just as much effort as installing a downloaded patch.  It's certainly easier than installing the program to begin with!

Good Luck

Message 114 of 128
technoidatx

I would suggest another line of work intern. You will not go very far in this one.
Message 115 of 128
Smajon

By the same regard im not going to carpet bomb the issue in my firm that could potentially cause other problems, then im the one whos **** is on the line. 

Team Koch
Message 116 of 128
Smajon
in reply to: technoidatx

Oh yes of course!  You are so right, I should just start all over in college and go in a completely different direction all together.  Im enrolling right now in letters....

Team Koch
Message 117 of 128
technoidatx

It's not too late.
Message 118 of 128
kclarke
in reply to: NejmarkACAD

Had a customer with a similar issue I solved it this way.

First the unrecognised item flashing on teh status bar relates to the scales.

In this case the customer was wrokin gon a dwg in Metric but started from teh ACADLT imperial template.

Go to scales click custom then clik reset.

Regarding slow pan and zoom when multiple drawings open, in this guys case it was to do with the display options for the paper shadow,

Turn it off and everything is ok.

Might help.

Message 119 of 128
CGDTeamSilvia
in reply to: RLStanford

Dear All,

The office where I work purchased N°2 AutoCAD LT 2014 licenses which have been installed in three different workspaces (N°2 PC+ N°1 Notebook) with different features:

Station 1:

MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 PROFESSIONAL 2009 SP1

INTEL CORE i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 3.40GHz -  RAM 20.00 GB

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA QUADRO K600

TYPE SYSTEM: 64bit

Station 2: MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL 2002 SP3

INTEL xEON 5140 CPU 2.33GHz 1.98 GHz - RAM 3.00 GB

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA QUADRO FX 3500

TYPE SYSTEM: 32bit

Station 3 (notebook): MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL 2002 SP3

INTEL CORE 2 DUO PRO CPU T7700 2.40 GHz 2.39 GHz - RAM 3.00 GB

VIDEO CARD: QUADRO FX 1600M

TYPE SYSTEM: 32bit

Remarked problem station 1:

- PERFORMANCE ISSUE AND FLICKERING

Remarked problem station 2/3:

- PERFORMANCE ISSUE AND FLICKERING

- Not possible to make CTRL C+ CTRL V

- Very slow , the pc blocks for few seconds

I read all the 12 pages of the post and I got to this conclusion to solve the problems we are having, of which I kindly ask you your remarks or confirmation:

Station 1:

- Updated the video card

- Unchecked the shadow on the lay-out page

- I will make the file change  REGEDIT for 64 bit

Station 2/3:

- Updated the video card

- Unchecked the shadow on the lay-out page

- Is it possible to make REGEDIT for 32 bit also for Windows XP?

Thank you very much in advance for your kind assistance.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 120 of 128

Small update of the previous post:
I did REGEDIT in Station 1 and the system gives me this error:
"Impossible to import the *.reg file. There is an error during the opening of the file. There could be an error on the disk system or on the file."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost