Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 Flickering Issue

127 REPLIES 127
SOLVED
Message 1 of 128
NejmarkACAD
26307 Views, 127 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 Flickering Issue

My office recently received the update from 2013LT to 2014 LT, and after installing them, I'm noticing an issue that I don't understand.

If you go to the link below, you'll see a video of the problem.  Basically, when more than one drawing is open, as the user pans around or zooms in and out, the application status bar starts to go nuts, with the word "unrecognized" popping in and out, as well as a small symbol to its left.  Also, while all of this is happening, the colour in the layers bar at the top of the drawing flickers somewhat randomly.  So far, 5 of the 11 copies have had this issue, and 3 of those licenses haven't been used yet.

I'm experiencing this on multiple machines, across multiple platforms.  This includes Core I7's with 8 Gigs of DDR3 RAM and Radeon 6450's running windows 7, all the way to Core 2 Duo's running 64 bit XP with 4 gigs of DDR2 RAM.  

Please see video below:

http://youtu.be/NbaYawDl9Xo

Any help is greatly appreciated!

127 REPLIES 127
Message 41 of 128
NejmarkACAD
in reply to: Anonymous

How do you make this change? Just by renaming the file, or do you need to bring in another AecCore file and somehow link to it in AutoCAD?
Message 42 of 128
NejmarkACAD
in reply to: NejmarkACAD

Nice!  Dragging in the AecCore from 2013 and renaming the one found in the 2014 Lt folder to AecCore.crx.old seems to have worked quite nicely.  I'll have to see if this works on other PCs, but at least we're finally getting somewhere.

Thanks!

Message 43 of 128
yooperjeff

The AecCore from 2013 works for me too.
FYI. Just simply renaming the file to AecCore.crx.old worked at first, but ended up causing strange errors with another unrelated program. Replacing it with the 2013 version works great.

Time to send out a patch Autodesk!
Message 44 of 128
Anonymous

This is looking good. I will guinea pig someone in the office to see if this fixes the flickering! If it does we might have a solution! Oh yeah! 😄

Message 45 of 128
Anonymous

I can confirm that the CRX rename fix works. We also copied the LT 2013 CRX into the 2014 folder. All seems to be fine! No flickering here!

Message 46 of 128
gccdesign

I also this irritating laggy flickering when more than one file is open. LT 2014 on Win8 64.

What's a good way to get the 2013 AecCore file?

Thanks,

GChapp

Message 47 of 128
Anonymous

Nice one you guys this has been frustrating me all morning. Thanks for the fix. Works a treat. Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 128
pendean
in reply to: gccdesign

Ask for someone to post it for you 🙂
Message 49 of 128
yooperjeff
in reply to: pendean

Here is the AecCore.crx from AutoCAD LT 2013.  use this to replace the same file in 2014

Message 50 of 128
gccdesign
in reply to: yooperjeff

I checked my flickering issue on both my Dell laptop and my home built desktop. Both had it when two drawings were open. It would flicker on pan & zoom.

Also, both had the problem with slow saves with a temporary black screen.

So I replaced the AecCore.crx file in both computers.

Now neither computer has the flickering problem, and neither computer has the black screen lag on saving so far.

Both are much more usable for actually getting work done.

Thanks for the file and the help.

GChapp

Message 51 of 128
dgorsman

Seems like a good place to drop a general reminder to those who have implemented this fix: document the changes you have made to your computer.  Note what was renamed, what was deleted, what was replaced (and have a copy of the replacement file as well).  SPs, hotfixes, and other subsequent changes may not account for any changes made in this fashion so it may be of benefit to change things back to the original conditions prior to applying any future updates.

Don't count on being able to remember "I renamed that file, and the other file was replaced by one I downloaded from... uhm... where was that again?"

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 52 of 128
qfanatiq

This certainly seems to have worked for me.

Running LT2014
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

4gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 620

Cheers.....Q

Message 53 of 128
PaulBoyce2132

Couldn't agree more. All this gibberish on system setups in just that, gibberish. Autodesk need to focus on stabilizing their software rather than releasing a new version every year.
Message 54 of 128
gccdesign
in reply to: gccdesign

More on this AecCore.crx issue.

I found that when I did a WBLOCK on a whole drawing, that the text window showed an error that it could not load the AecCore.crx file. Gave me a black screen for about a second.

But . . .  The WBLOCK worked fine. I have no idea what this AecCore is supposed to do.

GChapp

Message 55 of 128

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums PaulBoyce2132!

Many do not use the new release until the Service Pack comes out just so these issues get resolved and do not cause a problem. I suspect this issue will be part of the SP.

Sometimes getting the software out to the users is the only way these things pop up.

Finding what happens when item C is changed and effects item D7Axp9 on line 4,532,618 in the code when used on machine A-Z from 500,000 random users can cause a glitch.

It's easier to win the lottery I should think.

Maybe no excuse but there is a lot of interaction that goes on that when the minions start toiling in the background.

Oh yea, and we can reprogram the software to suit our needs as well to a certain extent. Would that double the permutations?

Message 56 of 128
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

@Charles_Shade Whilst I agree with your sentiment that it is hard to find these bugs in testing and only when publicly issuing the software do these things pop-up it is hard to feel "sorry" for AutoDesk in these circumstances.

It is now nearly 2 months since this issue has been raised. Several of us have raised it with our CAD support companies so AutoDesk will definitely be aware of this issue. As it makes the software pretty much unusable a hotfix should have been issued by now. Even it is just an automatic version of the file replacement noted on this forum! People do not like paying thousands for broken software!

I do agree Paul that AutoDesk should be working on stability over new features. Especially now that they have pretty much gone over to a subscription based system.

Also why doesn't AutoDesk have an auto-update feature for their software? Adobe does? So does Firefox and Chrome! Hot-fixes will be much easier to roll out with a rolling update system like these! I find AutoDesk to be way behind the rest of the software world in this respect.

(Awesome the spellcheck does not know AutoDesk! )

Message 57 of 128
Charles_Shade

If you are signed into Autodesk 360 and Info Center you will be made aware of any updates to Autodesk software each time you start the Program.

Message 58 of 128
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Some offices (like ours) don't use 360 as it has been known to break things. Also many of our users do not have 360 accounts and do not wish to do so.

My point is that the update should be automatic, that way small updates can be applied easily. The mechanism of Service Packs is redundant and incremental updates is the way the rest of the world operates. This also means any problems a patch can be written and rolled out to users without them waiting months for the service pack to arrive.

A pop-up message that a service pack is ready is pretty much a token gesture.

Message 59 of 128
Charles_Shade

I tend to have many problems when Microsoft decides to automatically update my machine therefore I do not allow MS to do so.

Adobe asks about every other month if I want to update Flash and the reader from time to time.

I don't use Apple's media player but do remember it wanting me to update from time to time.

The Fences software keeps wanting to update that software as well.

CCLeaner will ask me to update if I have that feature on as well as SpyBot.

It is my choice to update or not and in some cases select whether or not I am notified of updates.

The choice is yours on some of these on others you have to answer a question.

I for one prefer being in charge.

Message 60 of 128

We get exactly this same thing.

We have decided to uninstall 2014 across all 5 machines as it is effectively un-usable.

Reading through the thread, AutoCAD are aware of the problem but refuse to resolve it. I see many suggested solutions but the final one involved downloading a file from the forum, and running it on my machine. Yeah, like i am going to do that.

How can we force a resolution of this issue?

Neil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost